Berlin Boo'd In Um Spring Game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Berlin Boo'd In Um Spring Game

csonk58

BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS!
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else heard the boo's for Brock Berlin in todays spring UM game? I know this is off subject but for my money I'd start Kyle Wright against FSU. There were some good qb's at quarterback U who were thrown into the fire over the years!:D

I always thought that Derrick Crudip got STIFFED by the Canes last year. I know that there is a body of boosters, etc that want to see Berlin NO-WHERE near the starting line-up and there a number of people who think Wright is ready to develop into the blue chipper he was out of HS.

In an interview on ESPN.com, Sean Taylor was asked about Berlin's play last year and Taylor replied; "I have no comment". Just about sums it up. I think the worst thing that could have happened to Miami last year was Berlin's spectacular 2nd half show against the Gators. If Florida had have won that game, with Berlin playing so badly, I have no doubt he would have been yanked for the following game.

Berlin flat out S*CKED, aside from that one half against UF he was garbage, Dorsey at QB would have had another Cane's national title if he wasn't in the NFL last year :( :cry:

Can't agree about Crupup, I don't think he's much of an upgrade over Berlin, but Wright put up better numbers than Dorsey did at Yorba Linda HS. Coker is too scared to take a chance with him since we open with FSU, but needs to think back to I beleive it was 83 when Schnellenberger took a chance on Kosar starting rather than Mark Richt. Canes lost at Florida 38-3, then reeled off 11 straight wins to win the national championship.

Berlin was a major disappointment last year. I'm hoping that Kyle Wright can start for the Canes this year. However, I know that this thread will be moved soon.

I'd rather see Crudup and/or Wright getting a shot. Never was impressed with Berlin.

However, I don't think it's right to boo a COLLEGE KID. :mad:

Originally posted by Boomer
I always thought that Derrick Crudip got STIFFED by the Canes last year. I know that there is a body of boosters, etc that want to see Berlin NO-WHERE near the starting line-up and there a number of people who think Wright is ready to develop into the blue chipper he was out of HS.

In an interview on ESPN.com, Sean Taylor was asked about Berlin's play last year and Taylor replied; "I have no comment". Just about sums it up. I think the worst thing that could have happened to Miami last year was Berlin's spectacular 2nd half show against the Gators. If Florida had have won that game, with Berlin playing so badly, I have no doubt he would have been yanked for the following game.

Cruddup had definetely put his time in at UM. But I don't think he is any better, he may be a tad worse! But what I love about him is he is a cane thru and thru. I never really was keen on getting a Qb from Florida that Spurrier let go! If he was anything worth keeping, he would have been kept.

BTW, I met up with Sean Taylor a few times, and I don't think he would have said a bad word about anyone. He is a very humble person, and great to talk too.

BTW - Berlin went 11/15 for 185 yards and 1 TD. That included a perfect 59-yard bomb for the TD.

Aight, let me just say that it was Berlin's first year last year, sure he was off point at times but he now has a year under his belt, if he is shaky to start off with FSU I say replace him but to think that kyle wright is gonna come straight in and not have some growing pains is ludicrious

ya, but berlin's window for growing pains is smaller than most QBs because he was a junior last year. Now he is a senior. This is only his second chance, but it is also his last.

I agree, this is got to be the year for berlin, if he is a bust in the first half vs. FSU I dont want him out there in the second half

Berlin can't play much worse than last year. It's just not possible. The guy has talent, and I think this year he steps up.

Here's the thing, though: Miami's QB only has to be average for the team to make a run at the title. With all the talent around him, Berlin (or Wright or Crudup or Freeman) just has to make a few plays and keep the turnovers to a minimum, and if he does that, UM can make a strong run at a national championship. Also remember that this year's schedule isn't as bad as previous years. If they get by Free Shoes U in the opener, they're in great shape.

Crudup is horrible, & it's obvious by the Syracuse game that he started that the coaching staff doesn't have a lot of confidence in his throwing ability & neither do I. He's a 3rd stringer on this team.

Unlike most of you I really like Berlin. He has a damn good arm & given time good accuracy. He doesn't make the best decisions & forces the ball sometimes but with practice those problems can be corrected, like Carson Palmer his senior year. Berlin has been damn good from all the reports I've read this spring. Wright can wait one more year, he'll be a RS sophomore next year, so he'll have 3 years to lead us.

Back
Top Bottom