Bernie Parmalee Coaching Te's? I Dont Get That Move... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bernie Parmalee Coaching Te's? I Dont Get That Move...

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
This re-shuffling had caught me off-guard....and I guarantee that all the reporters are going over to Randy Mcmicheal, D. Lee, and John Jones and asking them the question that most be asked... What does Bernie Parmalee bring to the table...now that he has been promoted and never has played of coached the position before? I personally thought that Mark Trestman would serve the role as both the Qb coach...and also overlook the Te's. It appears here that Wanny just accommadated Bernie,,,just put him where the hole was----and I am not sure that this is going to sit well with the Te's in the long run. Bernie could be way out of his domain here....he should have more a better role in coaching the special teams...that coach...Armstrong is the guy who needs Bernies assistance. I just don't know if this re-shuffle is going to all come together....Chris Forrester....here is a guy who has never corordinated anything...he was under Tom Moore at Indianapolis..and he will emphsize the running game and pass protection....but lets be frank here....I think this resembles what Wannstedt wanted. Something tells me that yes...COLLIER has a health issue....but at the same time while he was out in last weeks Qb school....Forrester had showed WANNY that he could run the show...and apparantly when COllier returned...Wannstedt probably asked Joel if he wanted a lesser load of coaching---because of the unexplained illness. But all said and done....there are more questions on this team then ever before...and this tumultuous off-season continues with this late re-shuffling of the coaching deck. I am perplexed by the Parmallee move....the Dolphins should have brought in someone with more experience there...and put Bernie back with the special teams....or just let Bernie remain with the Rb's...and place Collier as the Te coach... Something is just wrong with the way Wanny did this....and he just had to think about it when Collier missed that last camp.

BP isn't worth anything if he couldn't coach every position on offense, minus quarterback.

How is there even MORE questions?

Collier never coordinated anything in his life either. One way or the other, we would have had an unknown as OC coming into this year.

Foerster is well thought of around the league, though.

I think Parmalee is coaching TEs because we gave Collier his old job back and they still wanted Parmalee to be a position coach, and since TE was available, they gave it to him. I doubt he will be able to coach TEs very well since he never played the position, but you never know. Also, if Collier misses any more time due to heath issues, I'm sure they will have Parmalee work with the RBs.

iceblizzard69 said:
I think Parmalee is coaching TEs because we gave Collier his old job back and they still wanted Parmalee to be a position coach, and since TE was available, they gave it to him. I doubt he will be able to coach TEs very well since he never played the position, but you never know. Also, if Collier misses any more time due to heath issues, I'm sure they will have Parmalee work with the RBs.
Just want to say. Since when does not playing the position mean you cannot coach it? When did Doug Blevins ever kick in the NFL or for that matter, ever? (He has been in a wheelchair, his whole life-for those who did not know)When did Mark Testman ever play QB in the NFL? Coaching and playing the position are two different things.

Dirty...I agree that is appears that there is more to this than meets the eye, but I don't think that the FO, DW, and the rest of the coaches would conspire to create this illusion of Collier having a medical issue if he really did not. If it is a ruse, then it will come out and they will all look foolish. Because of some of the other odd things that have occured this offseason, this situation looks all the more suspicious. I just don't think this is a mirage to make us all believe Collier's medical situation is not the reason for the change. It would be a public-relations nightmare if it turns out to be a ruse.

iceblizzard69 said:
I doubt he will be able to coach TEs very well since he never played the position

Bull crap, Ice my friend. Look at all the coaches in professional sports that have never played their respective sports. There are many of them. Most of them are very qualified.

Just because you can't do something yourself does NOT mean you cannot explain and teach those things.

I recently finished a coaching course and they teach you to break down drills into steps and look for certain aspects of a player's performance. This can be done by ANYONE.

Bernie Parmalee will do fine if he puts in his work. How effetive he is comes down to how good a coach he can be. We have yet to see how good he is, but do you honestly think Foerester will not lend a helping hand when needed?

The TE coach is about the very least of my worries, right up there with office receptionist.

Bodzilla29 said:
Bull crap, Ice my friend. Look at all the coaches in professional sports that have never played their respective sports. There are many of them. Most of them are very qualified.

Just because you can't do something yourself does NOT mean you cannot explain and teach those things.

I recently finished a coaching course and they teach you to break down drills into steps and look for certain aspects of a player's performance. This can be done by ANYONE.

Bernie Parmalee will do fine if he puts in his work. How effetive he is comes down to how good a coach he can be. We have yet to see how good he is, but do you honestly think Foerester will not lend a helping hand when needed?

The TE coach is about the very least of my worries, right up there with office receptionist.

I never said Parmalee couldn't coach TEs, but I am guessing that he knows more about the RB position. Parmalee could be a good TE coach, but I do think he got the job strictly because they didn't want to get rid of him and the job was available. The Dolphins original intention for Parmalee was for him to be the RB coach, not the TE coach.

Bernie will be fine - he understands the fundamentals of football. He knows about blocking. He always had beautiful hands. He knows about running routes. He played a sort of hybrid H-Back when he was a player with us. He's also very well thought of, not only in Miami. The guy will be a co-ordinator down the line.

Collier I assume may have something like ME or maybe even a cancer scare. I hope that as Dolfans we come together and hope he's better rather than assuming there's some sort of behind the scenes situation.

Finally, being an offense lover, I know Foerster's work well - he worked in tandem with Denny Green in Minnesota when the Vikes had the league's number one offense and he was key in Indy's offense with Tom Moore. Moore and Dungy think he's a stud coach and he was responsible for Marcus Pollard being one of the league's best. The philosophy of the offense isn't going to change at all - we will still air it out, we will still run it hard. I don't see any problem here, especially as we have Trestman and Sullivan on board. It's all good.

actually didn't he play tight end once in a blue moon under JJ's tenure with the team

I can only think that Boomer meant MS(Multiple Sclerosis), but E is right above the S and he mistyped. But then again i could be wrong, it has happened before.

I didn't even think of MS. I wonder whether Multiple Sclerosis or Muscular Dystrophy has a higher incidence rate in people of Collier's age...

ME is chronic fatigue syndrome. It's real name is Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.

Symptoms: The formal CDC diagnostic criteria (1994) requires 6 months of "debilitating fatigue," plus the concurrence of 4 or more of the following symptoms:

Self-reported impairment in short-term memory or concentration severe enough to cause substantial reduction in previous levels of occupational, educational, social, or personal activities;
Sore throat;
Tender cervical or axillary lymph nodes;
Muscle pain;
Multi-joint pain without joint swelling or redness;
Headaches of a new type, pattern, or severity;
Unrefreshing sleep; and
Postexertional malaise lasting more than 24 hours.
Within these parameters, an individual with CFS can also exhibit a wide range of other manifestations, such as muscle weakness, swollen underarm (axillary) glands, sleep disturbances, visual difficulties (trouble focusing or severe photosensitivity), orthostatic intolerance (e.g., lightheadedness or increased fatigue with prolonged standing), other neurocognitive problems (e.g., difficulty comprehending and processing information), fainting, dizziness, and mental problems (e.g., secondary depression, irritability, anxiety).

Back
Top Bottom