Best 1st Day | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best 1st Day

Dolfan2788

Melubulongtime
Reaction score
In your opinion who had the best first day?

I think it was this in no particular order.

The Ravens had a great draft with Dan Cody and Mark Clayton.
The Cards had a great draft with Eric Green, Rolle and Darryl Blackstock.
I am tentative to say the Boys because they were always going to have a good draft with their well placed picks in the draft.
We had a great draft also with all of our picks, 2 of them who were expected to go late 1st early 2nd. And we are now in prominent position on day 2 in about 11 hours time to pick up either Elton Brown or Antajj Hawthorne, or maybe both!

Sorry if a thread like this has already been posted...
It's very hard to keep track of which threads have been posted, seeming as their flying through the first and second pages on the board.

Vikings had a pretty good day as well, agree with you on Hawthorne or Brown maybe hope Shazor falls to us in the 5th

@@@@@ said:
Vikings had a pretty good day as well, agree with you on Hawthorne or Brown maybe hope Shazor falls to us in the 5th

Yeah, but he would have to play FS as Jones is at SS. Shazor's speed is 4.7 and not that good and he didn't try and improve on it it seems either. Not that I have seen anyway so it must be what he normally runs.

Dolfan2788 said:

I am tentative to say the Boys because they were always going to have a good draft with their well placed picks in the draft.
We had a great draft also with all of our picks, 2 of them who were expected to go late 1st early 2nd. And we are now in prominent position on day 2 in about 11 hours time to pick up either Elton Brown or Antajj Hawthorne, or maybe both!

It's very hard to keep track of which threads have been posted, seeming as their flying through the first and second pages on the board.

I think the Jets had the best 2nd round. They got 2 sure fire starters in the 2nd round. That is impressive. I also think Cincy had a good first 2 rounds. The 2 kids from Georgia are great talents, but thier best traits our how they play the game like some crazy dogs. I think Marvin Lewis is drooling to get them in camp.

The Cardinals draft really sticks out. They did a real nice job.

Dolfan2788 said:

I would love hawthorne but i want mcpherson more!

Dolfan2788 said:
Yeah, but he would have to play FS as Jones is at SS. Shazor's speed is 4.7 and not that good and he didn't try and improve on it it seems either. Not that I have seen anyway so it must be what he normally runs.

i dunno what people make about his speed, he had a bad day at the combine in the 40 yard dash, he run the 100m at 10.7, that seems pretty fast to me, they also call him a built Linebacker with the speed of a Cornerback

I'm still shocked Jax took Jones over Clayton. I saw Jones going to a team with depth and willing to take on a project. I didn't see him being picked over one of the top WR's. If Jones doesn't pan out Del Rio will pay for this.

I think the Cardinals had probably the best draft. I'm really excited for them, they're definitely a team to watch out for in the NFC.
As far as my beloved Fins go, this is the best draft I remember us having. We called Will Poole in the 4th a steal last year, how about two first rounders in the second and third this year?

1)Cardinals-Rolle,Arrington,Green,Blackstock
2)49ers-Smith, Baas, Gore, Snyder
3)Ravens-Clayton, Cody, Terry
4)Bengals-Pollack, Thurman, Henry
5)Browns-Edwards, Pool, Frye
6)Panthers-Davis, Shelton, Mathis, Ellison
7)Bucs-Williams, Ruud, Smith, Colmer
8)Dolphins-Brown, Roth, Crowder

Back
Top Bottom