Best Available Undrafted Free Agents According To Sporting News | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Available Undrafted Free Agents According To Sporting News

ckparrothead said:
I would go after Ki Downey, Jared Lorenzen, and Arnold Parker (who Miami had in for the top 20 so I expect them to make a move for him).

Lorenzen or Clausen would make good practice squad QBs. Ki Downey didn't get drafted because he has multiple sclerosis but his treatments keep it from hurting him on game day and he plays at a higher level than a lot of guys drafted. Parker, like I said, they had him in for the top 20, so they must like him.

I would love to see Lorenzen signed as well.
He has great potential and just needs a tough coach to knock his head on straight.

Jared Lorenzen needs Richard Simmons to follow him around 24/7. What a fat ***.

I'd take Carestens in a heartbeat. Needs some work, but we have a season or two before we'd need a starting DT out of him anyway. He has a muscely frame, and a great work ethic.

Also, not to play favorites, but Lane Danielson was listed as a 4th round pick as well, set record for receiving this season at ISU, and holds career receiving records as well and he had no QB slinging to him this season, as we played musical QB's for a good chunk of the season, and will continue to do so for the forseeable future.

Great work ethics in both of htem, I think Lane fell because he was a walk on, Carstens is DEFFIENTLY worth a look.

I like Everage.

I also like BJ Johnson and feel he could develop into a dectn #3 receiver.

I cant believe Tommy Kelly and Justin Jenkins went undrafted out of Miss St

Id pick up the cop who caught TY Law in the foot chase.dolfanreal69

I'd love to see BJ Johnson come in here.

And did ANY fullbacks get drafted at all? I thought Polite was the #1 rated FB.

I also want Jason Peters in here ASAP. He's probably getting moved to tackle, and with some work, he could be a contributor there. If nothing else, we could use a block-first, block-second TE.

Mr Fan said:
What happened to RB/WR Geathers of Miami. I did like his quickness....

Geathers went to the Bengals in the fourth round. I was looking at him too. He got good "press" pre-draft. I'm surprised he lasted until the fourth round.

BTW the Colts already signed TWENTY TWO College Free Agents.

Chris Bernard (Kentucky, wide receiver)
Eric Hill (Colorado State, wide receiver)
Skyler Fulton (Arizona State, wide receiver)
Romar Crenshaw (Southeast Oklahoma, wide receiver)
Ran Carthon (Florida, running back)
Daniel Davis (Kansas State, running back)
Carey Davis (running back, Illinois)
Trevor Hutton (Utah State, offensive guard)
Antonio Hall (Kentucky, offensive tackle)
Matt Griebel (offensive guard, Indiana State)
Ben Utecht (Minnesota, tight end)
Derek Kennard (Nevada-Reno, nose tackle)
Bryan Save (nose tackle, Colorado State)
Jeremy Caudill (Kentucky, nose tackle)
Thomas Houchin (Kansas State, defensive end)
Nautyn McKay-Loesher (Alabama, defensive end)
Josh Thomas (Syracuse, defensive end)
Antonio Crow (Louisiana Tech, linebacker)
Daryl Dixon (safety, Florida)
Stanford Samuels (cornerback, Florida State)
Louis Ayeni (defensive back, Northwestern)
Eli Ward (defensive back, Minnesota)

I would definately take a look at Lorenzen. He has a ton or potential. The guy has a cannon for an arm and his mobility is great for a guy his size. He just needs to get on a good weight program. The guy is tough to tackle and holds onto the ball pretty good. He took a major beating in his college career at Kentucky. Another guy I like very much is Shaud Williams. This guy did so much for Alabama last year. He would make a great 3rd down back. I like him more than Travis Minor. He is tough as nails. Oh yeah stay away from Clausen the has no arm strength whatsoever.

Jenkins the WR from Miss St, would be a good fit for us. He reminds me of O. Gadsden. Big, not fast but great hands. I hope we sign him. T. Kelly the DE from Miss St. would also be a good fit. I think both would be worth a look this year. The 2 DL from ND also intrigue me, suprised they were not picked.

If we weren't set at TE I would say take a look at Utecht from Minnesota. Being from MN, I watched a lot of him in Gophers games and he is a stud. He'll be in someone's camp soon, IMO.

njfinfan said:
Geathers went to the Bengals in the fourth round. I was looking at him too. He got good "press" pre-draft. I'm surprised he lasted until the fourth round.
Jason Geathers didn't get drafted, so he's still available. The Bengals took a guy named Robert Geathers.

Back
Top Bottom