Best-Case and Worst-Case

Shouright

Hammered
Joined
May 18, 2004
Messages
15,064
Reaction score
18
Age
47
OK -- I'm thinking this should be an interesting thread. Let's take the top 10 players in the draft and think of which NFL player they'd be like in a best-case scenario and which player they'd be like in a worst-case scenario. The NFL players must approximately match their physical characteristics (height, weight, speed) and style of play.

For example, Mike Williams could become Terrell Owens (best-case) or Keyshawn Johnson (worst-case).

Ronnie Brown could become Fred Taylor (without the injuries) or Eddie George later in George's career (as in recently).

Cadillac Williams could become Curtis Martin or Thomas Jones.

Braylon Edwards could become Rod Smith or (this is too easy) David Terrell.

And so on -- you get the idea.
 

OurHeartAndSoul

Seasoned Veteran
Joined
Dec 21, 2003
Messages
972
Reaction score
0
Alex Smith... Best- Joey Harrington "living up to the hype" Worst- Jay Fiedler

Aaron Rodgers... Best- Donovan McNabb Worst- Ray Lucas
 

OurHeartAndSoul

Seasoned Veteran
Joined
Dec 21, 2003
Messages
972
Reaction score
0
More QB's...


Charlie Frye... Best- Matt Hasselbeck Worst- Josh McCown

Jason Cambell... Best- Steve McNair Worst- Tony Banks

Andrew Walter... Best- Drew Blesoe (In Prime) Worst... Drew Bledsoe (Right Now)

Adrian Mcpherson... Best- Aaron Brooks Worst- Quincy Carter

Dan Orlovsky... Best- Chad Pennigton Worst- Vinny Testaverde

Kyle Orton... Best-Drew Breese Worst- Ryan Leaf
 

Cheapshotz

Scout Team
Joined
Mar 26, 2005
Messages
290
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Andrew Walter - Best...Dan Marino Worst....Drew Bledsoe
Aaron Rodgers - Best...Tom Brady Worst....Kyle Boller
Alex smith - Best....Joey Harrington Worst...Akili Smith
Jason Campbell - Best....Ray Lucas Worst...Can u get worse??
 

DonShula84

Sporty Don
Joined
Sep 26, 2004
Messages
13,501
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Location
Long Beach, Ca
Cheapshotz said:
Andrew Walter - Best...Dan Marino Worst....Drew Bledsoe
Aaron Rodgers - Best...Tom Brady Worst....Kyle Boller
Alex smith - Best....Joey Harrington Worst...Akili Smith
Jason Campbell - Best....Ray Lucas Worst...Can u get worse??
Marino or Bledsoe, sounds like your a big Walter fan. Worst case scenario isnt that these guys will be possible pro bowlers/pretty good players(Keyshawn for example). Worst case scenario is we get a Yatill Green or a Josh Heupel, be realistic
 

Shouright

Hammered
Joined
May 18, 2004
Messages
15,064
Reaction score
18
Age
47
OurHeartAndSoul said:
Aaron Rodgers... Best- Donovan McNabb Worst- Ray Lucas
I think McNabb has a few pounds on Rodgers. But the Lucas comparison is right on.
 

Jaj

What you say?
Joined
Jan 22, 2003
Messages
13,149
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
LA
This idea is of Walter being immobile is stupid. He can throw on the run, can avoid the rush, and looks slow running only because of size and build.
 

NorthFloridaFin

Bring on the Ted Ginn Era
Joined
Nov 24, 2004
Messages
862
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Apalachicola, FL
1. Cedric Benson - Best(Edgerrin James) - Worst(Ron Dayne)
2. Adrian McPherson - Best(Randall Cunningham) - Worst(Andre Ware)
3. Mike Williams - Best(Jerry Rice) - Worst(Travis Taylor)
4. Antrel Rolle - Best(Charles Woodson) - Worst(Quentin Jammer)
5. Ronnie Brown - Best(Bo Jackson) - Worst(Michael Bennett)
6. Braylon Edwards - Best(Lynn Swann) - Worst(Reidel Anthony)
7. Alex Barron - Best(Orlando Pace) - Worst(Mark Dixon)
8. Carnell Williams - Best(Eric Dickerson) - Worst(Travis Minor)
9. Alex Smith - Best(Brett Favre) - Worst(Akili Smith)
10. Roscoe Parrish - Best(Dante Hall) - Worst(Lamont Brightful)
 

HysterikiLL

Super Duper Club
Joined
Dec 23, 2004
Messages
12,688
Reaction score
0
NorthFloridaFin said:
1. Cedric Benson - Best(Edgerrin James) - Worst(Ron Dayne)
2. Adrian McPherson - Best(Randall Cunningham) - Worst(Andre Ware)
3. Mike Williams - Best(Jerry Rice) - Worst(Travis Taylor)
4. Antrel Rolle - Best(Charles Woodson) - Worst(Quentin Jammer)
5. Ronnie Brown - Best(Bo Jackson) - Worst(Michael Bennett)
6. Braylon Edwards - Best(Lynn Swann) - Worst(Reidel Anthony)
7. Alex Barron - Best(Orlando Pace) - Worst(Mark Dixon)
8. Carnell Williams - Best(Eric Dickerson) - Worst(Travis Minor)
9. Alex Smith - Best(Brett Favre) - Worst(Akili Smith)
10. Roscoe Parrish - Best(Dante Hall) - Worst(Lamont Brightful)

I 100% agree
 

rafael

Hall Of Famer
Joined
Aug 29, 2002
Messages
6,248
Reaction score
0
Location
Sparks, NV
1. Cedric Benson - Best(Stephen Davis) - Worst(Ron Dayne)
2. Adrian McPherson - Best(Randall Cunningham) - Worst(Andre Ware)
3. Mike Williams - Best(Chris Carter) - Worst(Harold Carmichael)
4. Antrel Rolle - Best(Sam Madison) - Worst(Quentin Jammer)
5. Ronnie Brown - Best(Ladanian Tomlinson) - Worst(Bryant Westbrook)
6. Braylon Edwards - Best(Lynn Swann) - Worst(David Terrel)
7. Alex Barron - Best(Richmond Webb) - Worst(Mark Dixon)
8. Carnell Williams - Best(Curtis Martin) - Worst(Travis Minor)
9. Alex Smith - Best(Joe Montana) - Worst(Akili Smith)
10 Aaron Rodgers - Best(Rich Gannon MVP year) - Worst(Joey Harrington now)
11. Andrew Walter - Best(Drew Bledsoe) - Worst(Josh Heupel)
 

finsnchips

2005 FinHeaven GM League Champion!!
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
5,049
Reaction score
1
Age
32
Location
England
travis minor... ouch. That's tough on Cadillac.

I agree with the guy in the first post... Mike Williams worst case is Keyshawn. I could live with that.
 

Cheapshotz

Scout Team
Joined
Mar 26, 2005
Messages
290
Reaction score
0
Age
42
DonShula84 said:
Marino or Bledsoe, sounds like your a big Walter fan. Worst case scenario isnt that these guys will be possible pro bowlers/pretty good players(Keyshawn for example). Worst case scenario is we get a Yatill Green or a Josh Heupel, be realistic
Haha, Yeah i'm pretty high on Walter. I just think he's got the goods.:wink:
 

csabe

Pro Bowler
Joined
May 30, 2004
Messages
1,643
Reaction score
0
Alex Smith--best--(C. Pennington)--worst--(J. Harrington)
Mike Williams a lot like (Herman Moore)
Caddy Williams--a lot like (C. Martin) or (C. Portis)
B. Edwards--best--(T. Owens)--worst-- (Michael Westbrook)
Ronnie Brown--best (Jamal Lewis)(w/better hands)--worst (Lamont Jordan)
Benson--a lot like (Steven Davis)
Alex Barron--best (Walter Jones)--worst (K. Walker--OT) from TampaBay or UF
Adam Jones--best (Darrell Green) or (Aaron Glenn)--worst--(Duane Starks)
Antrel Rolle--best (Lester Hayes) worst (Q. Jammer)
 
Top Bottom