Best defensive performance.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best defensive performance....

RHoffman

DOB: Get my Ring!
Reaction score
since when?

I can't remember the defense playing this well since maybe the time we shut out Pittsburgh a few years ago.

Any thoughts?

Hats off to Jim Bates and all of the players!

the 30-3 wins ag SD and the Jets last year, but not too shabby either...but that one was up there with any in terms of completely shutting down a potent offense as well as taking away their best players (Moulds and Henry)

Our win against the Raiders last year was pretty awesome too. But blanking what some viewed the NFL most feared and unstoppable offense.. You can't beat that...

Yeah, in light of the highly touted offensive opponent, I'd have to say this is the best, most dominating, defensive performance, start to finish, of any Dolphins game in my 33 years of Dolphin fandom.

If there was a more dominating game against such a high powered offensive opponent, I can't remember it.

But hell, this is damned near the AFC Pro Bowl defense here guys. It OUGHT to put together that type of performance, each week.

I think Rhoffman is 100% correct. Neither the Chargers or the Raiders were held in check like the Bills were last night. Also I don't think the Chargers were ever as good over the last 2-years as the current Bills. And I'm not sure the Raiders were as balanced and/or as good as this Bills team.

I think this is one of the most impressive home D stands I've ever seen. Now they have to build on this and play dominate on the road. Until they do that I'm not believing they are for real. Not yet.

Oliver...

Originally posted by 13isgr81
Our win against the Raiders last year was pretty awesome too. But blanking what some viewed the NFL most feared and unstoppable offense.. You can't beat that...

Yeah they'll just start jumping on the KC band wagon now.

well to perform that kind of performance at home again would be tough i guess, if they can get to like 10-14 points on the road , we should be ok

Back
Top Bottom