Best Draft in Years | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Draft in Years

Fin4life

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I haven't felt this good at the end of a draft since the JJ years.

We got solid value in every round, drafted 4 or 5 guys who could potentially start, got an impact player at our greatest need and added some much-needed youth to our defense.

I would love to have seen what Saban could have done with a full compliment of picks.

At first I was upset Saban couldn't manuever a trade in that first round, but I think Cleveland realized he was probably not going to take Edwards and wasn't about to move up. I don't think he was under the opinion that all 3 running backs graded out the same and I respect his conviction to stay at the spot and get his guy.

This reminded me of a Ravens or Patriots draft where he addressed needs, but didn't overvalue anybody. In fact, he may have gotten three players who all had first round potential.

I'm excited for what the future of this franchise holds with Saban in charge.

All of you people should really wait to see how Saban and his Drafted and undrafted players Pan out before you start kissing his A$$.

i like what we did also, but only time will tell... how healthy Crowder can stay is a big prt of how successful this draft was.

godfater21 said:
All of you people should really wait to see how Saban and his Drafted and undrafted players Pan out before you start kissing his A$$.

its not a$$ kissing, its the truth. As a longtime phins fan it makes me very happy to see the way the draft unfolded. Sure I would have like the QB and WR positions addressed but remember we only had 6 picks and many holes to fill. Many people are complaining that now we have too many DE's well guess what, last year one of our strongest areas was DT, and looked what happenned. I'm totally in agrement with Saban that you must draft for best player abailable, and not for need.

Back
Top Bottom