Best fit for the Fins? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best fit for the Fins?

like2god

I LOVE FinHeaven
Reaction score
Okay, if the Fins are planning to pick a defensive player with their 1st pick (trading down is an option) who will be the best fit in the Miami defensive scheme?
at LB? Lawson, Greenway, Carpenter, other?
DB? Williams, Whitner, Allen, Cromartie, other?
Other positions?

I know some of you want Miami to pick an offensive player, but right now lets talk defense. Maybe in a day or two we can do this for the offensive side of the ball as well.
Who do you guys think will have the best chance to shine in a Fins uniform?

like2god said:
Okay, if the Fins are planning to pick a defensive player with their 1st pick (trading down is an option) who will be the best fit in the Miami defensive scheme?
at LB? Lawson, Greenway, Carpenter, other?
DB? Williams, Whitner, Allen, Cromartie, other?
Other positions?

I know some of you want Miami to pick an offensive player, but right now lets talk defense. Maybe in a day or two we can do this for the offensive side of the ball as well.
Who do you guys think will have the best chance to shine in a Fins uniform?
Please post in the draft forum next time.:wink:

I feel that our biggest needs on defense are LB and DB. If the Fins are going to be using the 3/4 even more than they did last year, I think we should go LB with the first pick. I really like Lawson but I must admit I am really starting to like the idea of trading down for an extra pick and getting Carpenter. He can play inside LB or on the outside. That versatility may come in handy if Saban switches between 3/4 and the 4/3 throughout a game. Play him in the middle and Crowder on the outside or Carpenter on the outside and Crowder inside.

Sorry Fin fan in cali, I thought this question was more about the Fins defensive scheme rather than the draft. My bad. I usually don't venture into the other forums, if someone had posted this there I most likely would never see it. :D

I would say DB and preferably Donte Whitner. I really like the idea of trading down and getting another 3rd or 4th round pick while moving into the early 2nd. With that we could get Jason Allen or Ashton Youbouty or maybe even Antonio Cromartie. That would be close to the same as we get at #16 plus adding another pick later in that first day or early in day 2. I sure would like that too happen!

like2god said:
I feel that our biggest needs on defense are LB and DB. If the Fins are going to be using the 3/4 even more than they did last year, I think we should go LB with the first pick. I really like Lawson but I must admit I am really starting to like the idea of trading down for an extra pick and getting Carpenter. He can play inside LB or on the outside. That versatility may come in handy if Saban switches between 3/4 and the 4/3 throughout a game. Play him in the middle and Crowder on the outside or Carpenter on the outside and Crowder inside.

Sorry Fin fan in cali, I thought this question was more about the Fins defensive scheme rather than the draft. My bad. I usually don't venture into the other forums, if someone had posted this there I most likely would never see it. :D
No problem honest mistake.:wink:

Joneal7 said:
i honestly wouldnt mind Ernie Sims myself

He wouldnt be a good fit at all for our defense... even though he is a talented player...

if i would have to pick a defensive player.i would say greenway or whitner

FinNasty said:
He wouldnt be a good fit at all for our defense... even though he is a talented player...

Playing what position? Outside?

That's what Im seeing alot of fans say. He is a but undersized for a 3-4 playing outside wouldn't he? I thought Saban's aim was to get big and fast on the outside.

Back
Top Bottom