Best Fits | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Fits

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
This draft will be about getting the best players possible, but also the best fits for what Miami wants to do on both sides of the ball. I know that sounds obvious, but it really affects every position. Since Miami is sticking with Linehan's offense, for example, they will be looking for a quarterback who has the arm to get the ball deep. Saban obviously wants to transform the defense and use the 3-4 more, which will affect the types of players he looks for on defense. On defense, I really feel that Lawson and Watson would be perfect fits. Carpenter and Kiwanuka also seem like nice fits. A number of first day db's would appear to be targets including Cromartie, Huff, Youbotty (sp), Griffin and Watkins. All have the size and physical traits that Saban is looking for. I love Jackson at middle linebacker, but Parham is in the 250 range and may be a better fit. Even Hodge might be a tad small. At quarterback I think Cutler, Croyle and Whitehurst could all be nice fits. Jacobs is the wildcard. I also think a number of LSU players could end up with Miami including Wroten, since he could slip quite a bit, and Whitworth who has the kind of work ethic Saban desires.

Back
Top Bottom