Best Landing Spots For Nfl Qbs Nick Foles And Joe Flacco Next Season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Landing Spots For Nfl Qbs Nick Foles And Joe Flacco Next Season

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
eee9efd8676ddf952a588b85fda674da_crop_exact.jpg

A recent shakeup probably indicates Dolphins owner Stephen Ross is growing impatient following an 18th consecutive season without a playoff win, so I'd expect Miami to instead look to upgrade with a veteran like Flacco or Foles.

Why it's attractive: The Dolphins don't have to rebuild. They have plenty of talent on offense and several high-quality defensive players on the rise. I suppose Miami is also a fun place to live.

Potential turn-offs: They play in a division that includes the New England Patriots, and even fellow divisional bridesmaids Buffalo and the New York Jets are on the fast track with promising young franchise quarterbacks. They're also projected by Spotrac to enter the offseason with less than $14 million in salary-cap space.

Flacco or Foles?: Eric Bieniemy is a head coaching candidate in Miami, and the current Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator would probably install an offense similar to the one Foles runs under Bieniemy's former boss, Doug Pederson. Foles also makes more sense considering that he's younger (29 vs. 33) and the Dolphins aren't on the brink of a championship.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-nick-foles-and-joe-flacco-next-season#slide1

Several "high quality" defensive players on the rise. Guess they mean X and Minkah?

I imagine Flacco gets deja vu when he sees how similar our defense is to the Ravens D.

How can that article say we don't have to rebuild? Didn't they see the press conference or do any research?

neither. i'd rather go with tannehill plus a qb early in the draft. 1-2 rounds better be some combination of OL/QB (what I've been saying for the last 3 years).

How can you still want TH back there?! Id much rather have Foles over TH. Get Foles as a stop gap and then draft QBs over and over and over and over until you get it right.

How can you still want TH back there?! Id much rather have Foles over TH. Get Foles as a stop gap and then draft QBs over and over and over and over until you get it right.

Yea I'm sure cutting RT (more dead cap), then trading assets for Nick Foles, then using more assets to sign him to a "stopgap" contract is exactly what this team needs right now :rolleyes:

Amazing how the unbelievable dominant NFC (preseason hype) has a 9-7 team still in the playoffs, while the 9-7 Titans and 9-6-1 Steelers sit at home and watch a 12-4 wildcard Chargers team advance...

Yea I'm sure cutting RT (more dead cap), then trading assets for Nick Foles, then using more assets to sign him to a "stopgap" contract is exactly what this team needs right now :rolleyes:

Amazing how the unbelievable dominant NFC (preseason hype) has a 9-7 team still in the playoffs, while the 9-7 Titans and 9-6-1 Steelers sit at home and watch a 12-4 wildcard Chargers team advance...

It depends on the price for Foles, but TH needs to frikin go!

Ouch, there is literally NOTHING there with which I agree. No, I don't want Foles, he's a journeyman. No, I don't want Flacco, he is limited, expensive and not one for the future. No, describing us as "don't have to rebuild" is alternately either untrue or the most painful piece of 'news' I've heard this offseason. Ugh, it's like this guy is working with Freddy Kruger to write my nightmares.

We SUCK. We have no head coaching candidates who look like the answer. We have a bunch of high salaried veterans who either have underperformed or gotten injured. We're enduring the last few years of the Belichick/Brady era … its OK to suck now. Just find us the coach and QB to be good in a few years please. DO NOT PATCHWORK THIS JUNK AGAIN!

Foles isn't better than rt. Neither is flacco for that matter

How can you honestly say that watching TH for 7 years?????? Im not saying Foles is a world beater by any means and he's nothing special, but hes def better than TH and atleast knows what winning means.

mmmm nope. I'm still in on the Daniel Jones bandwagon.....by myself lol. I actually would love to have Flacco here to groom him for a year or two. Hey, Rodgers spent 4 years was it? ….behind Favre.

Back
Top Bottom