Best method for recording Dolphins Games? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best method for recording Dolphins Games?

Originally posted by Bobby Humphrey
Q- Best method for recording Dolphins Games?

A- Make the wife do it.

LOL. That just means it won't get done at all. "OH I FORGOT AGAIN!!".

What did you use to import the VHS' onto your hard drive?? Did you use a TV tuner card?? Which one?? I just ordered a new card that supposedly records flawlessly from VHS. My current one is ok. But it's just not up to par with what we want to do.

Well, I did things a bit differently. I dubbed the VHS tape to my stand alone DVD recorder (Panasonic DMR-HS2) onto the re-recordable DVD-RAM format at the highest quality (about 10 mbs). This unit has timebase correction to insure a good quality dub from the analog inputs.

Then I ejected the DVD-RAM disk and took it down to my computer. My computer also has a DVD-RAM writer/reader. Then I was able to do a direct digital import onto my video editing software.

The best way to get video onto a computer directly is thru the firewire port. I suppose an alternate way to do this would be if you had a mini DV camcorder. You could (theoretically) record the game looped thru a VCR's tuner onto the mini DV camcorder and then do a direct DV firewire transfer to the computer.

....or go from digital dbs out directly to you computer using whatever input devise is compatable with your reciever. you can get video capturing devices from $200-$400.

another way would be TIVO, using the usb output to your computer for editing. then using dvd+/-R for recording for future veiwing.

my mistake. i miss read the post. using a vcr, hooked up to your video card then loading and editing. v-cards with this ability aren't that expensive. some of the newer computers come with the devices already installed.

You can also use an S-Video cable.

i tried to pick one up too, but the store worker kept saying something about money so i just left.

Originally posted by Bobby Humphrey
i tried to pick one up too, but the store worker kept saying something about money so i just left.
thats no ****! i couldn't believe how much they wanted for those suckers, they're a great novelty, but not for the money they're asking!:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom