Best Mock Ever | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Mock Ever

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
First a couple of assumptions. Miami gets under the cap and takes care of it's current and future qb situation by signing Drew Brees. Secondly, the Dolphins are able to trade Ricky Williams to Denver for a 3rd round pick. Here it goes.

1. Manny Lawson -- the player Saban covets for his 3-4. The Freak part II
2. Cedric Griffin -- a 6-2 physical corner who ran a 4.46 at the combine
3. Andrew Whitworth -- a physical RT gives Saban the option to move Carey to OG or maybe LT depending on free agency.
3. from Denver --Pat Watkins -- a 6-4 ballhawk safety.
4. Tommy Jackson - a run stuffing DT w/consistent motor.
7. Barrick Nealy - a 6-5 qb with skills. A project.
7. Justin Wyatt -- small cover corner for nickel/dime packages
7. Zach Strief -- physical tackle who could stick.

SF Dolphin Fan said:
First a couple of assumptions. Miami gets under the cap and takes care of it's current and future qb situation by signing Drew Brees. Secondly, the Dolphins are able to trade Ricky Williams to Denver for a 3rd round pick. Here it goes.

3. Andrew Whitworth -- a physical RT gives Saban the option to move Carey to OG or maybe LT depending on free agency.

They are not going after Ricky Williams.

Id keep ricky and just draft watkins and not worry about whitworth.

I like most of it, but I would draft a QB in the 3rd round as we dont know Brees future due to his shoulder

I agree with the Ricky coments, were not gonna get squat outta him. I like the picks, Nealy is an interesting pick. I dont think we will go after any D linemen either, we did draft Manny with our 5th. But good mock, I would be pretty happy to upgrade our secondary with a few of these guys

I would love that mock so much...I think Lawson will be a star, a much faster Jason Taylor roll and Griffin gives us a big corner who could play great in Sabans scheme...Whitworth gives us good depth for a year or a rookie starter and at 6-4 Watkins is a huge player with good speed and a knack for the ball...I like the Jackson pick giving us another run stuffer and Nealy gives us a big qb with good speed and a good project

SF Dolphin Fan said:

that is one bad mock

aquawave said:
I like most of it, but I would draft a QB in the 3rd round as we dont know Brees future due to his shoulder

That's a good point. I'm a big fan of Brodie Croyle so I would love it if he ended up with Miami.

playmaker1 said:
I agree with the Ricky coments, were not gonna get squat outta him. I like the picks, Nealy is an interesting pick. I dont think we will go after any D linemen either, we did draft Manny with our 5th. But good mock, I would be pretty happy to upgrade our secondary with a few of these guys

It will be hard to get anything for Ricky. Maybe Miami can get an extra 3rd by trading down a bit in the second. There are a lot of quality DB's, but I'd hate to miss on Griffin, who reminds me of Cory Webster.

banzaitrey said:
I would love that mock so much...I think Lawson will be a star, a much faster Jason Taylor roll and Griffin gives us a big corner who could play great in Sabans scheme...Whitworth gives us good depth for a year or a rookie starter and at 6-4 Watkins is a huge player with good speed and a knack for the ball...I like the Jackson pick giving us another run stuffer and Nealy gives us a big qb with good speed and a good project

Thanks. Of course, we all think our own mocks are the best! I just really think that would help the defense and hopefully Miami can take care of the offense through free agency.

motioncityhifi said:
Id keep ricky and just draft watkins and not worry about whitworth.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Saban kept trading down to get more picks. There is so much talent in this draft that moving down makes sense, as long as another team wants to move up.

Back
Top Bottom