Best Player in the AFC East at there postion | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Player in the AFC East at there postion

RobaDob4

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Best player at every postion in the AFC East.

QB- Tom Brady
RB- Ronnie Brown
FB- Lousaka Polite
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]

WR- Terrel Ownes
WR- Randy Moss
TE- Anthony Fasano

LT- Jake Long
LG- Allen Faneca
C- Nick Mangold
RG- Logan Mankins
RT- Veron Carey

DE- Aaron Schobel
DT- Vince Wilfork
DE- Richard Seymour

OLB- Joey Porter
MLB- Jerod Mayo
ILB- Channing Crowder
OLB- Calvin Pace

CB- Darrelle Revis
FS- Kerry Rhodes
SS- Gibril Wilson
CB- Lito Sheppard

K- Dan Carpenter
P- Brain Moorman
KR- Leon Washington

[/SIZE][/FONT]

I would PROBABLY take Yeremiah over Gibril, but we'll see who stands out more this season.

Alan Faneca gave up 7.5 sacks last year. That is a very high amount for a guard. Just look at the guards last year and see Faneca is at or near the top of the list for most sacks given up.

That was the knock Pittsburgh fans gave him 2 years ago-- Good run blocker but crappy pass blocker.. Those 7.5 sacks don't factor in all the QB pressures he gave up in addition to those sacks that led to negative plays on offense.

I'm sorry, but there is no excuse for giving up so many sacks when you play between a pretty good pass blocker like D'Brick at LT, and one of the best all-around centers in the league... Faneca gave up more sacks than Mangold and D'Brick gave up Combined.

Justin Smiley in 12 games only gave up 2.5 sacks playing between a rookie LT and a center who was soft, weak, and got pushed around alot.. Very happy that Satele was replaced with Jake Grove.

And I definitely take Will Allen over Lito Sheppard who was riding the bench last year and didn't start. Sure Lito made the pro bowl not too long ago in 2006, but Allen is more consistent.

This time next year Philip Merling will be the consensus pick at DE in our division along with Seymour. The coaches have raved how he looks so much stronger and quicker. And his confidence is sky high compared to the wide-eyed look he had at this time last year..

Add all that to the extremely talented and naturally gifted player that he is, and I see him having a terrific year in 2009. Don't be surprised to see Merling in the Pro Bowl, or very close to Pro Bowl caliber in 09.

Best player at every postion in the AFC East.

QB- Tom Brady
RB- Ronnie Brown
FB- Tony Richardson
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]

WR- Terrel Ownes
WR- Randy Moss
TE- Anthony Fasano

LT- Jake Long
LG- Allen Faneca
C- Nick Mangold
RG- Logan Mankins
RT- Veron Carey

DE- Ty Warren
DT- Kris Jenkins
DE- Richard Seymour

OLB- Joey Porter
MLB- David Harris
ILB- Bart Scott
OLB- Calvin Pace

CB- Darrelle Revis
FS- Kerry Rhodes
SS- Yermiah Bell
CB- ????? Not Sheppard who was bad last year, he may be the 2nd best after this season if he preforms at his probowl level but hes not right now.

K- Dan Carpenter
P- Brain Moorman
KR- Leon Washington

[/SIZE][/FONT]

Those would be my changes.

Alan Faneca gave up 7.5 sacks last year. That is a very high amount for a guard. Just look at the guards last year and see Faneca is at or near the top of the list for most sacks given up.

That was the knock Pittsburgh fans gave him 2 years ago-- Good run blocker but crappy pass blocker.. Those 7.5 sacks don't factor in all the QB pressures he gave up in addition to those sacks that led to negative plays on offense.

I'm sorry, but there is no excuse for giving up so many sacks when you play between a pretty good pass blocker like D'Brick at LT, and one of the best all-around centers in the league... Faneca gave up more sacks than Mangold and D'Brick gave up Combined.

Justin Smiley in 12 games only gave up 2.5 sacks playing between a rookie LT and a center who was soft, weak, and got pushed around alot.. Very happy that Satele was replaced with Jake Grove.

And I definitely take Will Allen over Lito Sheppard who was riding the bench last year and didn't start. Sure Lito made the pro bowl not too long ago in 2006, but Allen is more consistent.

This time next year Philip Merling will be the consensus pick at DE in our division along with Seymour. The coaches have raved how he looks so much stronger and quicker. And his confidence is sky high compared to the wide-eyed look he had at this time last year..

Add all that to the extremely talented and naturally gifted player that he is, and I see him having a terrific year in 2009. Don't be surprised to see Merling in the Pro Bowl, or very close to Pro Bowl caliber in 09.

Faneca isn't a pass blocker really, hes more of a run blocking guard. Hes probably the best LG in the AFC East, but its not like he has much competition. Hard to evaluate offensive linemen, but I do know Faneca was a beast at run blocking on the best rushing attack in the AFC East.

I wouldn't put Lito Sheppard either, he had a bad year. But he was unmotivated and wanted off of the Eagles and his play suffered as he didn't try. Hes motivated right now and could return to probowl form and be the playmaker he once was.

I agree with Faneca's run blocking. He is the best in the division in that department.. But he's likely the worst in pass protection. I mean, a relative unknown like Ndukwe only gave up one sack last year in his 15 starts to compare.

As far as Lito, I guess we'll see.

I think Lito will be a great pickup for the Jets. He wanted out last year and it seemed as if the Eagles really didn't want him there anyways. We'll see.

Don't see how Dan Carpenter is the best kicker in the division.

you could put bess/parrish/mcgee/or washington as the kick returners.

I would replace Leon Washington with Roscoe Parrish.

And in his prime, I'll take Bubba Franks over Anthony Fasano any day.

In about three years, Brandon Meriweather will be a force.

What? Homer? Me? Naaaaaaah.

Might argue a pick or two, but a good list. Not TOO MUCH homerism. I would put Gostkowski above Carpenter.

Carey and Crowder have no business being anywhere near this list.

Faneca is still very good but he's not great and I wouldn't have Lito on the list until he proves he can regain his AP form.

Carey and Crowder have no business being anywhere near this list.

Faneca is still very good but he's not great and I wouldn't have Lito on the list until he proves he can regain his AP form.

To you yes, to him, he's right.

Make your own list and let everyone else give their thoughts instead of criticizing this dude's opinion.

To you yes, to him, he's right.

Make your own list and let everyone else give their thoughts instead of criticizing this dude's opinion.

Should I send you a signed photo of myself?

Last I checked message boards are here so we can all share our opinions. I mentioned a few guys I disagreed w/. I didn't bash his post.

Should I send you a signed photo of myself?

Last I checked message boards are here so we can all share our opinions. I mentioned a few guys I disagreed w/. I didn't bash his post.

You just want my address so you can stalk me :tongue:

And all I asked was for you to post your list in comparison to the OP's. No harm or foul

Back
Top Bottom