best running back ever???? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

best running back ever????

nuttie_buddie

Own Your Mom
Reaction score
just wanted ppl opinion on this....i believe it is Barry Sanders...he was the best ever...he had quick legs and work with a horrible o-line and hardly any else around him like payton and smith did....

Brown, Payton, Sanders... the names are always the same.

nuttie_buddie said:
just wanted ppl opinion on this....i believe it is Barry Sanders...he was the best ever...he had quick legs and work with a horrible o-line and hardly any else around him like payton and smith did....

payton had horriable lines for years look it up, and the year he had over 1800yds most of it was him scrapping for ever inch, trust me payton could run around you like dorsett, through you like jim brown, hands like tomlinson and made blocks that only ronnie brown could dream of, oh and he could throw better than most of our qb's from 00-05 payton= best ever period , mike ditka said in an inerview that payton could have played every position not 2 or 3 all 24 positons all at 5'11 205 pounds

1. Jim Brown
2. Walter Payton
3. Barry Sanders
4. Emitt Smith
5. Erick Dickerson

Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Curtis Martin, Emmitt Smith and Priest Holmes

I love watching old Payton highlight films. Some of the stuff he did was so out-there at the time he was doing it. I can't rank them, but I'd have to say there's a close bunch at the top - Payton, Brown, Dickerson, C-Mart, Sanders, and since we're putting Brown in the mix even after only playing 9-some seasons, I'd put Sayers up there too.

Barry Sanders he would have blown out the rushing record if he hadn't retired.

nolefin said:
payton had horriable lines for years look it up, and the year he had over 1800yds most of it was him scrapping for ever inch, trust me payton could run around you like dorsett, through you like jim brown, hands like tomlinson and made blocks that only ronnie brown could dream of, oh and he could throw better than most of our qb's from 00-05 payton= best ever period , mike ditka said in an inerview that payton could have played every position not 2 or 3 all 24 positons all at 5'11 205 pounds
barry also did not have anyone around him...at least walter had a d-fence:wink:...and also i ask the bestrb not all around player

bottom line, people that grew up watching jim brown will say its him and guys between 25-35 will say payton and you young bucks will say barry because its what you remember, they were all great, heck our kids might say tomlinson is the best ever?

Back
Top Bottom