Best Trade Ever??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Trade Ever???

PublixSubsRule

Practice Squad
Reaction score
What do you think was the best trade for one team since the beginning of the NFL. Looking back, I personally believe it was the following trade:

Giants get- the rights to Eli Manning

Chargers get- the rights to Phillip Rivers and The Giants first round pick in the following year (which turned out to be Shawne Merriman)

your thoughts...

Dallas trading Hershel Walker to Minn. In return, a boat load of picks.

Yea the Cowboys got a heck of a deal there.

Oh, while were on the subject of Hershel Walker I have a personalized autographed picture of him.

What do you mean by best? I guess you mean one team fleecing another. My idea of best trade would be one where both teams make out exceptionally well. Hard to think of many of those, but I submit the Rams and Colts in '99.

Indy sends Marshall Faulk to the St. Louis Rams for the rights to Draft Edgerrin James (I think it was 3rd overall pick)

Both players fit the bill perfectly for each other's potent offensive attack.

I agree!! Dallas won three superbowls mainly because of the guys they acquired. Minny got fleeced.

What do you mean by best? I guess you mean one team fleecing another. My idea of best trade would be one where both teams make out exceptionally well. Hard to think of many of those, but I submit the Rams and Colts in '99.

Indy sends Marshall Faulk to the St. Louis Rams for the rights to Draft Edgerrin James (I think it was 3rd overall pick)

Both players fit the bill perfectly for each other's potent offensive attack.

Try a second and a fifth.

What do you think was the best trade for one team since the beginning of the NFL. Looking back, I personally believe it was the following trade:

Giants get- the rights to Eli Manning

Chargers get- the rights to Phillip Rivers and The Giants first round pick in the following year (which turned out to be Shawne Merriman)

your thoughts...

This was a good trade for the Chargers but they screwed the Falcons worse only a few years earlier. Chargers traded # 1 pick (Michael Vick) and drafted Ladainian Tomlinson and Drew Brees for trading down. LT, best player in football, Brees top 3 QB, and Vick..... a good 2nd stringer.

This was a good trade for the Chargers but they screwed the Falcons worse only a few years earlier. Chargers traded # 1 pick (Michael Vick) and drafted Ladainian Tomlinson and Drew Brees for trading down. LT, best player in football, Brees top 3 QB, and Vick..... a good 2nd stringer.

Or a guy that has already quarterbacked them to one championship game and is still only 27. Whichever way you want to look at it.

The Portis-Bailey trade worked out well for the Broncos, I think they got a pick thrown in as well.

The most lopsided trade in recent memory was the one the Giants made to acquire Eli. The Chargers made off with three pro bowl players, that's insane.

:D

Drew Brees had nothing to do with their trade down.

Dallas - Viking Trade also known as the Herschal Walker Trade.

That trade produced 3 Superbowls

Back
Top Bottom