Best Vet,rookie And Udfa This Year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Vet,rookie And Udfa This Year?

allsilverdreams

Starter
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I have to think Fitz will be our best Rookie. Quinn for best vet. However the UDFA this year I have no idea.Not a great bunch to choose from.

Minkah Fitzpatrick, Ryan Tannehill, and I'm not sure we have any rookie UDFAs in line to actually make the roster?

Minkah Fitzpatrick, Ryan Tannehill, and I'm not sure we have any rookie UDFAs in line to actually make the roster?

I’m a Jalen Davis fan from watching him at Utah State, but I think he’s got a legit shot at making the roster. He’d be the UDFA I’d bet on.

I think Minkah will shine no matter what, so I’d love it if another rookie stepped up to be the “best”. Gesicki will turn a lot of heads week one if what Gase said holds true.

Fitz, Stills, and Smith UDFA from last year if that counts. I almost think he could play a better FS than McDonald if Fitz is at slot. But I wouldn’t want McDonald off the field either

For rookie I'm gonna say we have two winners--Minkah Fitzpatrick and Mike Gesicki--both of whom will be difference makers this year and cornerstones of the franchise moving forward.

Top FA is clearly Robert Quinn, who looks healthy and lethal.

Not sure we have a qualifying UDFA this year.

Yeah I will go with minkah Ryan Tannehill and Jalen Davis.

Davis is the only udfa I would consider carrying on the initial 53. Not physical or strong enough for a starting nfl slot gig yet but he’s twitchy and has good movement skills

I think they p squad Trae Elston who is intriguing

Best Vet - Tannehill
Rookie - Fitzpatrick
UDFA- J. Davis

Is Davis actually good or is the UDFA we signed that bad.
Does anyone know who is a UDFA from this year.

Does anyone know who is a UDFA from this year.
I believe this is the list
Cayson Collins, LB, North Carolina, 6-1, 230 pounds
Buddy Howell, RB, Florida Atlantic, 6-1, 215
Lucas Gravelle, LS, TCU, 6-0, 224
David Steinmetz, T, Purdue, 6-7, 321
Connor Hilland, G, William & Mary, 6-6, 303
Quincy Redmon, DE, Fairmont State, 6-4, 253
Claudy Mathieu, DE, Notre Dame College, 6-6, 250
Jamiyus Pittman, DT, Central Florida, 6-1, 319
Anthony Moten, DT, Miami, 6-3, 300
Mike McCray, LB, Michigan, 6-1, 243
Jalen Davis, CB, Utah State, 5-9, 180
Greg Joseph, K, Florida Atlantic, 6-0, 210

I think Tannehill has the potential to be comeback player of the year. Now, whether our OL and their stupid drive killing penalties, which continue to stall our offense will prevent that from happening, I don't know. But, IMO, Tannehill has the ability. We just need to see more consistency from everyone else for him to really emerge.

I believe this is the list
Cayson Collins, LB, North Carolina, 6-1, 230 pounds
Buddy Howell, RB, Florida Atlantic, 6-1, 215
Lucas Gravelle, LS, TCU, 6-0, 224
David Steinmetz, T, Purdue, 6-7, 321
Connor Hilland, G, William & Mary, 6-6, 303
Quincy Redmon, DE, Fairmont State, 6-4, 253
Claudy Mathieu, DE, Notre Dame College, 6-6, 250
Jamiyus Pittman, DT, Central Florida, 6-1, 319
Anthony Moten, DT, Miami, 6-3, 300
Mike McCray, LB, Michigan, 6-1, 243
Jalen Davis, CB, Utah State, 5-9, 180
Greg Joseph, K, Florida Atlantic, 6-0, 210

I read that wrong. Thought it meant UDFA in general. That is not an inspiring list. I'll say Pittman to be different but I'm not sure any of that list makes the team.

I was just going to say, Buddy Howell has looked very nice in the preseason. He's going to get caught in the numbers game at RB, but he is definitely worth keeping around on the PS if he clears waivers.

Back
Top Bottom