Best WR and C Left? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best WR and C Left?

dolfanmark

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I believe we have an almost desperate need for a 3rd WR, someone who can help Chambers stretch the defense. Thompson is physical, but does not have deep speed, and doesn't get much separation from DBs. Who are the best guys left on the board? Is there a sleeper out there who can contribute as a rookie?

As for Center, I see that as more of a need than Guard. I just don't think McKinney can handle the position. Wade Smith doesn't have any experience at the position. And Hadnot looked ok at G, but we didn't see him at C. I realize RG was/is a problem for us. But, I believe that Vernon Carey will ultimately land there. McIntosh was a 3-year starter at LT under Houck in San Diego. If he's healthy, I think he beats out Carey at LT easily, so Carey will need a place to play. We also added Cleveland's Damion Cook to compete at G. We also have Hadnot. And McKinney can play G if we find another C. So, I think we have enough candidates to choose a RG from. That's why I think C is a bigger need. Are there any quality guys left at that position?

As for WR's: I'd be happy with Jerome Mathis, Larry Brackins, or Isaac West

As for C's: I woudnt mind having Ben WIlkerson.

What about Tony Madison at WR?

Wilkerson's injury still made him unable to work out for any teams this offseason, right?

I wished he would have drafted the WR Roscoe Parrish when we had the chance, then we would have had the deep threat and the power runner to balance an offence. In the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 7th we could have concentrated on defence.

As for Center, I see that as more of a need than Guard. I just don't think McKinney can handle the position. Wade Smith doesn't have any experience at the position. And Hadnot looked ok at G, but we didn't see him at C. I realize RG was/is a problem for us. But, I believe that Vernon Carey will ultimately land there. McIntosh was a 3-year starter at LT under Houck in San Diego. If he's healthy, I think he beats out Carey at LT easily, so Carey will need a place to play. We also added Cleveland's Damion Cook to compete at G. We also have Hadnot. And McKinney can play G if we find another C. So, I think we have enough candidates to choose a RG from. That's why I think C is a bigger need. Are there any quality guys left at that position?

I agree completely. A center would really help this team. Either a center, or safety would do for me. McPherson as a luxury pick would be ok also.

At center there are still 3 very good prospects ( according to draft guides ) in Wilkerson, J.Brown and V.Carter. For WR I like J.Mathis and his 4.3 40 to stick in the slot.

At center we can go with either wilkerson or jason brown. At reciever Carphonso Thorpe 6-1 188 or Fred Gibson 6-4 202 are available. With Thompson and gardner possibly getting cut, I think they are good in the slot.. They will end up drafting Antonio Perkins in the fourth, saban said yesterday he wanted a cornerback..

I really like Gibson, and I don't like how some of the U. of Miami homers on here wish we would've grabbed every Cane player that comes off the board. Parrish was a reach where he was picked, yet he wouldn't have been had we picked him. yeah right. Give me a break, I'll take the 1st round talented DE over a diminuitive WR any day.

Back
Top Bottom