Better NFL Career..RT or Johnny Football? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Better NFL Career..RT or Johnny Football?

Better NFL Career RT or Johnny Football?

• RT

Votes: 94 71.2%
  • Johnny Football

Votes: 24 18.2%
  • Both will be great

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Both will suck

Votes: 7 5.3%

• Total voters
Not even close. Tannehill will have by far the better career. Manziel is eventually going to get hit hard and crumble. I will be surprised if he is a starter in the NFL for 10 years. Tannehill however, will be starting for more than 15 years and playing at a higher level.

Tannehill has all of the tools, the strong arm. Quick release, height, good footwork, accuracy, ability to read defenses, blocking assignment shifts, hard work, intelligence ... literally all of the tools. It's just a matter of time before he is a top 10 QB and he could become a top 5 QB in time.

Manziel doesn't have that arm, accuracy, ability to read the defense, height, durability, or work ethic. He has great escapability and average arm talent in a not - durable package with a style that will make him injury-prone.

Careers? It's not even going to b close. If you want to make it close, ask who will have the better rookie season or something.

Not even close. Tannehill will have by far the better career. Manziel is eventually going to get hit hard and crumble. I will be surprised if he is a starter in the NFL for 10 years. Tannehill however, will be starting for more than 15 years and playing at a higher level.

Tannehill has all of the tools, the strong arm. Quick release, height, good footwork, accuracy, ability to read defenses, blocking assignment shifts, hard work, intelligence ... literally all of the tools. It's just a matter of time before he is a top 10 QB and he could become a top 5 QB in time.

Manziel doesn't have that arm, accuracy, ability to read the defense, height, durability, or work ethic. He has great escapability and average arm talent in a not - durable package with a style that will make him injury-prone.

Careers? It's not even going to b close. If you want to make it close, ask who will have the better rookie season or something.

But Johnny seems to already have that "testicular fortitude," something that RT has yet to display....

Manziel is a elite college talent, but most of his "highlights" where Evans highlights out jumping cbs for a under thrown ball..

RT, this whole running QB is the new fad. RGIII got caught and declined greatly. Just wait until defences figure it all out and these QB's are forced to use their Arms to win games and not legs.

I don't think I've ever seen a QB with the overall quickness, elusiveness and speed of Johnny Manziel. Maybe Mike Vick, maybe Steve Young? Having said that, in the NFL he's probably a better punt returner than a QB. I probably shouldn't be so quick to judge - there have been a few QB's who made a living off the broken play (Tarkenton, Flutie, Jeff Garcia to an extent, and nowadays, Russell Wilson), but all of them could make a living in the pocket when they needed to as well. Can Manziel do that? My eyes and gut say no, but I've been wrong before (rarely) ;) .

I have never put much trust in running qb's they are exciting but how many championships do they have.If you can manage the game from the pocket you can beat people.

not even a doubt in my mind manziel will be a much better player than rt. he has all the intangibles and play making ability in the world. the only knock on him is his size. he was awesome in the sec while rt was average at best, it will be no different in the pros.

Such a predictable answer from you.

I have no idea who will end up having a better career...you never know, but Manziel scares me as a pro. I'm not sure I would draft him.

I'm not going to answer the poll b/c there's no way to tell. Come back in two years and then we can ask the question again.

Grow some balls. Just the fact that Tannehill started for an entire NFL season should be telling enough that his career is already farther along than Boyziel will ever dream of.

if you asked most of the fins fans on here, especially people like you allfinsallday, rt will be better than joe montana-dan marino-john elway combined. its ridiculous how this guy is perceived on here. 15-17 in 2 years and a massive choke in week 17 this year. facts are facts.

I have serious concerns about Manziel. I think it's possible that he could blossom in the pros but I get a strong Vince Young vibe from him.

:idk:

I think Manziel has the higher ceiling but I think what makes him spectacular will be his downfall. I just don't see him staying healthy consistently enough to become great in the long term. If he could manage is game a little to get down when the play is just not there, I think he would be great. Just not his mentality to do so. He just doesn't have the body to take those hits from 250lb LB's and 225lb Safety's when he tries to extend plays 10-15 times a game..

I disagree with those that think he's a gimic. He's sliced and diced the best defensive conference like no other QB in many years. Look at his stats against Bama, the best team over the last five years with a HOF defensive head coach. Kid dominated them...embarrassed them. That defense crushed almost every other QB....except for Manziel.

if you asked most of the fins fans on here, especially people like you allfinsallday, rt will be better than joe montana-dan marino-john elway combined. its ridiculous how this guy is perceived on here. 15-17 in 2 years and a massive choke in week 17 this year. facts are facts.

Nobody ever said Tannehill was even in the same class with those guys. At some point you have to end the cycle of quarterbacks we have had here, and realize that Tannehill is better than a lot we have had here the last 15 years. It is a collective effort when the team wins or loses, because that is what a TEAM is, not a bunch of individuals running around,and if he plays bad he deserves the bad but you also must look at the improvement from year 1 to year 2, instead of just looking at the win loss record.

Gross exaggeration. I have seen no one make such claims...anyone who would is just as foolish as some slamming a young QB who is still developing and playing behind the chappy O line we had last year.

Back
Top Bottom