Better or Worse? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Better or Worse?

I think the starting 22 is a wash. We gave up a bit on the O-Line and D-Line buy also improved at TE and LB and possibly WR. For the remaining 31, I think we have improved. We have added a lot of depth and seem to understand the importance of the "Next man Up" philosophy.

I think the team is better than it was last year.

QB: No change

RB: Better; we added Wright.

WR: Better; we added both Washington’s who will have more of an impact than Wilson. We could still add Beckham as well.

TE: Better; we added Smith.

OL: Worse; we lost 2 solid starters. However, if we sign Risner or Williams recovers enough for us to offer him a contract it could be better. I believe our depth is clearly better than it was last year at the very least.

DL: Wash; we lost Wilkins, but we added a ton of rotational guys. It will be tough to replace his production, but we don’t have to rely on one player to play 85% of the defensive snaps now.

EDGE: Better; we added Barrett, Robinson and Kamara. Obviously Chubb and Phillips are hurt right now, but I believe this room will be our deepest once everyone is back.

LB: Better; we added Brooks and Walker who are both very physical players. In all seriousness, just cutting Baker made this group better. He was the most frustrating player to watch.

CB: Better; I firmly believe Fuller is better than Howard at this point. I would add that we brought Needham back and still have Kohou, Smith and Bonner.

S: Wash; we lost Elliot and Jones, but we added Poyer and 2 rookie safeties. I believe UDFA Mark Perry from TCU could make the 53 man roster this year (over the guy we drafted in the 6th round).

ST: Better; we have the same K/P/PH, but I think both Washington’s can have an impact on ST. We also added some ST depth in FA as well.

When you really look at the roster, the players fans have been crying about are Hunt and Wilkins. Connor Williams may or may not be able to play football again, but if he does it will be in Miami (he doesn’t want to move his family). I believe we added enough talent to make up for the loss of two, very good, players. I had a ton of respect for AVG’s game as well, but Robinson, Kamara and Barrett more than make up for his loss.

Yep-I think we can all agree that Fangio was not who we thought he was!

My frustration with VF was how quickly he made proper adjustments . . . until the TENN game. Then and after it's as if he didn't care.
In any case, I think the roster is better. OC and DC will be very important to their success

Was that the game Tua threw 3 interceptions in the 4th quarter on December 25 ?
Before the concussion caught up to him in the final quarter, Tua was heads and shoulders better then Rodgers, and the score showed it...Go watch the game if you can, if you need to be reminded.

If you want me to be more accurate, for 3 quarters Tua was better then Rodgers, for one thanks to a concussion Rodgers was better then Tua.

Put me in the "RG needs to be better/please God don't let Eichenberg ever play Center again" camp on offense. After that, I think the offense will be pretty much the same, just deeper at WR, which is a good thing..

I believe it's a "wait and see" situation on defense, as we don't know what sort of formation Weaver is going to run. If (as I'm totally guessing) they run a lot of 3-3-5, I don't believe the Dolphins will miss Wilkins as much as is commonly believed. I think you'll see a LOT of rotation among the DTs, with Sieler getting the most snaps. While I don't believe you'll see a lot of penetration from the DL (hey now), pretty much everyone on the roster who will play DT is pretty good at one thing: Stopping the run.

I'm of the opinion you're going to see a lot of Chop Robinson much earlier than anticipated. The guy can line up pretty much anywhere and cause havoc - he's a perfect joker in a 3-3-5, imo. Between he and Ramsey, there's a lot of ability to disguise both coverages and pass rush/blitzes on defense.

Well let's break this down by position.

QB: Equal, no significant change
WR: Improved, hard to believe but I think this group is better
RB: Improved, youth was improved
TE: Improved, Smith is an upgrade on paper, nothing else is changed

OL: Incomplete, this is tricky because you need rookies and Free Agents to step up, I wanted to say equal but it is "unknown" so graded accordingly.

So with the O, improved on paper....,

The D is..........well, tricky...... I need some time to think on this. I want to lean toward improved to be honest I can also say incomplete.

Edge/OLB, as with the OL it will depend on a few younger guys, Chop and Phillips and Chubb's recovery from injury so = incomplete
CB is equal, I was in the camp that Howard needed to be gone two years ago or moved to slot. His lack of suiters tells you all you need to know.
SS = this probably equal also and it depends on the system that is installed.
LB = improved, Long and Brooks will be just fine in the middle.
DL = here it is, the elephant in the room, is Wilkins departure gonna be huge or is the money ball approach gonna look genius. IDK = incomplete.

If the line play improves or is equal on both sides of the ball, the team is improved. If the line play is worse on both sides, the team is going to be worse. Line play will be the key to the improved or worse aspect of this entire team, trenches for the win.

I think we all should think Tua can be better even though he lead the league in passing.

Last quarter of the season was not good for him personally imo

My frustration with VF was how quickly he made proper adjustments . . . until the TENN game. Then and after it's as if he didn't care.
In any case, I think the roster is better. OC and DC will be very important to their success
I wont rehash Fangio, but his body language in the booth didnt look right...he almost seemed disintetested. Maybe that was just his crusty demeanor, but it wasn't a good look.

There was no significant change in QB made, that is point. The QB postition is equal going into this year.
Only if you assume that a young QB doesn't develop or doesn't improve with more experience in the system. IMO it's ridiculous to think that. I would say it's a fairly safe assumption that Tua is a better QB going into this season than he was going into last season.

They're late-round rookies, but Berrios, Ezukanma, and Cracraft never did this in college - or even came close.

Also, for kicks, find Keon Coleman on this chart 😅😘

I had a 3rd round grade on Malik. I think he is a far better WR than his draft position suggests.

There was no significant change in QB made, that is point. The QB postition is equal going into this year.
i get your point, butI think continuity and familiarity have to have some measure as other teams could be regressing in those depts.

Hang on hang on!!!

Tua has been working on new dance moves this off season remember?

Assuming he wasn't learning from Gesicki it will be improved Tua '24. 😂

Back
Top Bottom