Better Prospect | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Better Prospect

DolfanISS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
I’m curious about comparing the last QB we drafted in the first round with the 1st pick we traded for yesterday. Who was the better prospect coming out Tannehill or Rosen? Who would win the following categories:

Arm strength
Athleticism
Pocket presence
Accuracy’
Leadership
Ability to read defenses
Toughness

I don’t know much about Rosen, just would like to know how he compares to our last QB and why we believe he will be an upgrade.

For the record I have no issue with the move. We drafted Chad Henne with a higher pick than what we gave up for Rosen and I think he’s a far better prospect. We also stuck to our plan and netted 2 more picks in 2020.

Arm strength = Tannehill Athleticism = Tannehill Pocket presence = Rosen Accuracy = Tie Leadership = Neither Ability to read defenses = Rosen (as a college prospect) Toughness= Tannehill

Last edited:
Rosen

Tannehills coverage reads in college weren’t as clean as they were in the pros in terms of correctly iding his primary. But I totaly get why they took him at 8.

Rosen I think easily validated a top 10 grade on college tape. But I can’t speak to the personality stuff and really neither can anyone else going off the the tape at that point .

The tape was damn good in college in terms of pre snap and progression read based. And he had plus feet and feel for space in terms of progression based QBs. He found space to get throws off tannehill never has

Arm strength = Tannehill Athleticism = Tannehill Pocket presence = Rosen Accuracy = Tie Leadership = Neither Ability to read defenses = Rosen (as a college prospect) Toughness= Tannehill

Thanks! I just read one of Rosen’s pre draft reports and it said he had rare arm srength. NFL comparison : Jay Cutler lol!

I’d give Tannehill the edge with Athleticism, Toughness, and probably Arm Strength (could be wrong on arm strength though that’s probably pretty close). Pocket Presence, accuracy, and ability to read defense would go to Rosen. Leadership would be an incomplete because I don’t think Rosen has proven to be a good leader or team mate yet, but I think the narrative that he’s not a good teammate is false. And I don’t think Tannehill was respected or had the trust of his team mates, despite the fact he seemed to make the effort to improve his leadership throughout his career. Overall in terms of prospects early on in their Careers I’d give Rosen the slight edge, he seems like the more natural passer where as Tannehill was the guy with the traits that you hoped could develop into a QB

I got to wonder how much contact a guy like rosen who isn’t as tough as Ryan was early in in his career and I seriously doubt will ever be that tough can handle before his pocket presence takes a major fall.

Before it becomes I’m worried about the rush and no longer going thru progressions

I can tell ya right now Rosen’s coverage reads and ball out of hand as a rookie presnap to post snap was not close to Ryan’s level. Nor the throws away from leverage.

The good part of that though is rosen didn’t have these issues in college so I will be surprised if provided he’s not thinking self preservation that doesn’t clean up

But if you let him get hit too much I seriously doubt he overcomes it. Cause you can say what you want about tannehill but that was one tough mf and I don’t know many QBs that can take that contact that he took early and not drop eye level.

Back
Top Bottom