Bettis | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bettis

Cutch1295

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm not a Bettis hater by no means, but come on they beat this story to death.

Ah, come on. Let the Pitt fans enjoy the overkill. It's their day.

Cutch1295 said:

thats true. All they did was talk how he deserves to win the super bowl and all that but look at all the player who never even went to the super bowl and deserved just as much if not more.

I only live about 35 minutes from Pitt so I guess I've had to listen to more than most, He seems like a good guy but I don't think the story is on the same level as Elway's.

Cutch1295 said:

If Marino would have won one in his last season, it would have much the same...Let them enjoy it!

We'll be getting ours soon enough! :wink:

Dont have a problem with it. The media is actually reporting something that is positive for a change. Plus, Bettis seems like a good guy. Not a Ray Lewis, or Taylor from the Skins, or some of the other boneheads out there. At least it gets us away from the TO and McNabb story lines for a few days.

Cutch1295 said:
would you rather them continue the Tom Brady lovefest?:shakeno:

i LOVE the BUS, because im a die hard ND fan and the BUS is a stand up great guy...... he deserved this sooooo much, couldnt have happened to a better person.... but i agree, it was over played, but it was for a reason jerome said, because it took off all the media pressure of willie parker.... and it worked..... CONGRATS JEROME.... what a career

He has had a great career, though I'm not sure it warranted the NFL's decision to fix the Super Bowl.

Cutch1295 said:

yea they kinda did but whatever

thats true. All they did was talk how he deserves to win the super bowl and all that but look at all the player who never even went to the super bowl and deserved just as much if not more.
"Deserving to win" a superbowl is the dumbest thing ever. You dont deserve a superbowl, so you get it you play well and are lucky enough to be on a superbowl caliber team. Did Marino deserve to win a superbowl? I don't think so. It would have been nice, but he didn't deserve it. You don't deserve a superbowl ring and so you get it, you play well and win one.

I thought the storyline was a reach, Bettis hasnt been a everydown player for years now. I mean hes a nice guy and all but he had plenty of chances with good teams in his prime and didnt get it done. People act like it would have been some tragedy of epic proportions if Bettis didnt get the ring or that Seattle should have apologized for winning if they had won, i didnt really get the whole thing personally. Bettis is a good guy, Im glad Pitt fans are happy but cmon, Pitt had won 4 superbowls already, to me the storyline was a loser franchise like Seattle finally breaking through and getting a shot at the title. Pitt has tons of hardware I really couldnt have cared less if they won another.

Back
Top Bottom