"Big Cat" Williams released | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Big Cat" Williams released

PhinPhan1227

Why is there a watermelon there?
Reaction score
6:43 PT: The Chicago Sun-Times reports the Chicago Bears will release OT James Williams before free agency begins at the end of the month. He is due a roster bonus of around $500,000 in March, and is entering the final season of a four-year, $17 million deal.

He is a RT, and has played there exclusively since he became a starter in 1994. But he is a Bear and with Wann-Spiel...

We can never have too much O-Lineman... and who knows... they might even consider moving Wade in or to the other side. I believe Blake Brockermeyer will be a free agent pending a release and he was the left bookend for the Bears when Wann-Spiel was in town so I think they would explore that option before they would think of adding Big Cat. Though Big Cat has a lot of heart and makes huge plays sometimes. Great intangibles.

Big Cat being released is great simply for the fact that the more players that are available at a position, the lower the individual price goes. Same thing for us with LB's. Anyone think Peerless Price would be getting a 5mil check if there were 4-5 other solid recievers available?

See your point...

but it's not like Williams being released weakens one of our rivals...in fact, it just adds one more player to the list that they could go after...the Patriots?

Maybe so, but which is worse, them picking up another decent player, or them picking up THE player WE want? Nothings perfect, but it still gives us a better chance of improving our situation.

I think we pretty much could get any O lineman we wanted. The reason being, if your a lineman, wouldn't you rather block for Ricky Williams?

Having the league leader in rushing in your backfield only makes you look like a stud up front. It bodes well for not only making a larger splash in F.A. at a future date, but it also puts you in the Hall Of Fame a lot easier.

Webb protected the greatest to ever throw a football, and that quick release/pocket presence helped Webb more than Webb helped Marino.

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
Apparently Olin Kreutz didn't think so :(

Olin was coming off a 13-3 season...he had every right to think the Bears were going to kick ass last year. His mistake.

Back
Top Bottom