"Big Daddy" Wilkinson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Big Daddy" Wilkinson

Nothing yet. The last I heard was late last week, that they were talking with each other (Wilkinson & his agent & the Dolphins). Haven't seen anything since.

Nothing yet.Negotiations are ongoing.Both parties seem to be interested in each other.We should hear any day now.

if we sign him what a road block we would have up the middle of the d-line we would have. i say that there will not be a 100 yard rusher against the defence if he signs with the fins.

RothFan said:
if we sign him what a road block we would have up the middle of the d-line we would have. i say that there will not be a 100 yard rusher against the defence if he signs with the fins.
yup yup... now if we were to sign "Big Daddy" who would you give up: Traylor or Zgonia

Why would we have to give up Traylor or Zgonia. However, if we had to make a choice, I would get rid of Zgonia, because he is less of a road block.

i think if we had keith,dan,manny,and kevin at dt that would give us some big fresh legs. and de we have taylor ,carter and holliday and roth with bowens kepping it fresh we also have versatility in zgonia and holliday. we do seem a little crowded but with traylor 37 and wright and vickerson being young versatility is going to be key also with taylor and bowens can play lb.

Hopefully we get to sign him. He is younger than Traylor and from what I have been reading around here, Traylor is still recovering from an injury.

DaPoppaP23 said:
yup yup... now if we were to sign "Big Daddy" who would you give up: Traylor or Zgonia

They moved Zgonina to DE where his quickness and pass rush ability can be better utilized. Plus, when he was a tackle, he could be worn down by bigger guards (see the game @ NY Jets in 2004). That's not to say he can't get worn down by some of the mammoth tackles, but it gives him a better chance to succeed. That being said, I'd say it's going to be a tough camp for him and he very well might not make it.

Posts like this should be made with a question mark in the thread title.

I wish we would hear something soon. There were contract talks last week, so if he does sign, then it should be real soon.

If we sign Wilkinson that'd be great. I'm wondering what's going on with Traylor's legal issues. Was his script valid? Is the DUI charge and breaking the cellblocks phone still issues? If they are and With Traylor's age and rumors of an injury I wouldn't be surprised to see him let go, but only if Wilkinson is inked. It makes letting Sam Adams go to the Bengals hurt that much more.

But we have several young NT/DTs and one at the very least should step up.
My favorites to pick it up (JMHO):
1. NT Manny Wright #75 - 6'6" 340
2. DT Kevin Vickerson #92 - 6'5" 305
3. NT Fred Evans #62 - 6'2" 310?
4. DT Howard Green #95 - 6'2" 320
5. DT Rodrique Wright #1 - 6'5" 300 (PUP or
IR in '06)

One of these guys will step up this coming season with the exception of Rod Wright because of injuries. But I see Rod sitting out a year like Ogunleye, wait 'til he's 100% and I believe he'll tear it up and become a steal in the draft and easy on the salary cap.

DolphanD said:
If we sign Wilkinson that'd be great. I'm wondering what's going on with Traylor's legal issues. Was his script valid? Is the DUI charge and breaking the cellblocks phone still issues? If they are and With Traylor's age and rumors of an injury I wouldn't be surprised to see him let go, but only if Wilkinson is inked. It makes letting Sam Adams go to the Bengals hurt that much more.

But we have several young NT/DTs and one at the very least should step up.
My favorites to pick it up (JMHO):
1. NT Manny Wright #75 - 6'6" 340
2. DT Kevin Vickerson #92 - 6'5" 305
3. NT Fred Evans #62 - 6'2" 310?
4. DT Howard Green #95 - 6'2" 320
5. DT Rodrique Wright #1 - 6'5" 300 (PUP or
IR in '06)

Fred Evans is 6'4" 305 not 6'2" 310. Wright is listed at 316 not 300.
One of these guys will step up this coming season with the exception of Rod Wright because of injuries. But I see Rod sitting out a year like Ogunleye, wait 'til he's 100% and I believe he'll tear it up and become a steal in the draft and easy on the salary cap.

Back
Top Bottom