Big mistake by the pats in letting welker go | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Big mistake by the pats in letting welker go

HarryBagpipe

Meatus
Club Member
Reaction score
Like most said, amendola has the durability of bill Walton while welker guarantees over 100 catches and 1200+ plus yards and as durable as they come. Amendola is out for a number of weeks now. Man I wish we were playing them now with all their injuries. Best chance to beat them.

Screw that. I would rather beat them healthy. Our Division title is tainted because it was when Brady was hurt. I want to prove we can knock them off with all their talent in place.

Like most said, amendola has the durability of bill Walton while welker guarantees over 100 catches and 1200+ plus yards and as durable as they come. Amendola is out for a number of weeks now. Man I wish we were playing them now with all their injuries. Best chance to beat them.

The issue was they locked up Gronk and Hernandez long term. Once that happened, it all but guaranteed that Welker was gone. Of course then Gronk ended up needing a second surgery, and Hernandez... well... we know how that turned out. Choosing to lose Welker at the time didn't seem nearly as big an issue when they were going to rely on the two TE attack.

And the young receivers and Brady on on separate books let alone pages...

I'm glad it finally bit them in the ass. All theses years of playing with fire without getting burnt. I guess technically they aren't burnt yet since they are 2-0 but the signs are there, the lack of skill at the WR position is making Brady look human.

Amendola is feeble, I knew he would end up missing games. Welker is as about as tough as they come, i've watched him get pulverized so many times and he always pops back up. Hartline has been showing the same durability on the field.

I'm glad it finally bit them in the ass. All theses years of playing with fire without getting burnt. I guess technically they aren't burnt yet since they are 2-0 but the signs are there, the lack of skill at the WR position is making Brady look human.

WR *and* TE. Again, that is the real problem. It isn't just that they chose to let Welker go in FA, but that the two guys that they paid INSTEAD of Welker (Hernandez and Gronkowski) are both out of the picture. No one could have known last season when they were handing out extensions to the TEs that one would be a murderer and the other would need two surgeries.

Injuries (or lack thereof) have a way of making people look like geniuses or idiots.

Back
Top Bottom