BIG O in the house, What's up fellas? | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BIG O in the house, What's up fellas?

BIG O...This if for you...

Okay, I listen to your show quite often, but never call in because I am too young to be taken seriously. I am 15 years of age. But I want to know If all this Moss talk is serious? If anyone knew the truth to this it would be you? So is this for real? Or no?

Originally posted by Prime Time
Where did they go? Banned? what happened?
He was here past your bed time. Sorry you missed the fun. :cool:

Oh, I thought there might have been a guy whose s/n was Elvis. I got it now, my bad. :lol: I want to know if this Moss stuff is true or not.

Originally posted by Phan4Ever
I like to think of this site as AJ's house. We're all here as his guests. Everyone should see each other as people AJ has invited to his home. ....
Hey 4Ever, I have given this some thought and in an ideal world you are totally right.

But practically, this is less like AJ's living room and more like AROUND THE HORN. We have moderators that have to step in and keep things on track.

When the back and forth banter spirals out of control...the mod just hits the MUTE BUTTON.

In fact, a 10 minute mute button would be a nice cooling down period. I don't know if it is practical. But, a short term mute button and deduction of points would help control some of the out of control discussions.

Originally posted by PhinstiGator

Hey 4Ever, I have given this some thought and in an ideal world you are totally right.

But practically, this is less like AJ's living room and more like AROUND THE HORN. We have moderators that have to step in and keep things on track.

When the back and forth banter spirals out of control...the mod just hits the MUTE BUTTON.

In fact, a 10 minute mute button would be a nice cooling down period. I don't know if it is practical. But, a short term mute button and deduction of points would help control some of the out of control discussions.
Not a bad idea. It gets tricky when there doesn't happen to be a mod reading the thread in realtime, but then no moderating tool could work in all situations.

The mods and admins have a tricky job here, seeking to provide everyone an opportunity to express themselves without letting the threads get bogged down in inappropriate or unnecessary argument. We try to be consistent in applying the rules, and we don't suspend anyone's posting privileges without considering several steps to resolve the problem without censure.

The rapid growth of membership of late presents some challenges that will require adjustments. I know that AJ and Muck have some system updates in mind that will streamline some of the moderating functions. In general, though, there's no substitute for thoughtful, civil behavior and self-policing on the part of the members.

Back
Top Bottom