Big O reports on ESPN... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Big O reports on ESPN...

you guys are dreaming-Rick's mom will NEVER let him go out and get McCardell-Thompson will start and Newsom will be 3-Philly must be psyched for that 2nd rounder-:o

phinman_13@yaho said:
I don't understand why Dave:shakeno: and Rick:eek: don't like McCardell, he had 84 catches for 1100 Yards and 8 td's on a bad Bucs team last year.
probably becuz hes old and expensive. Usually not an attractive match.

Yeh your right MarinoIsGod about signing both Freeman and McCardell because nobody was really interested in Freeman this season so we could get him for pretty cheap and he could be that vocal veteran leader on offense that we need at a time like this.Also Freeman is used to winning so he'll bring a winning attitude and as for McCardell the guy has mad skills he had skills in Jacksonville and was no slouch in Tampa and the guy can get open and catch so they'll both be plusses to our roster. They would bring some depth at wide receiver.
With McCARDELL I GUARANTEE THEY''LL HESITATE TO DOUBLE Chambers.

tenndolfan said:
i heard big o too he was on wqam not espn. if carey does not start then the first round pick was usless and i would consider that the same as being a bust if he does not crack the starting lineup.
A bust? SO if he's slow to develop, but then goes to a probowl, you're still going to consider him a bust? Give Rick a break, and give Carey some time. It's not like Carey is the last piece of the puzzle to the SB. We lost those to injuries in Houston.

As far as my two cents. I would also like to see Freeman and McCardell in the lineup and use Thompson for depth. Sign McCardell for 1 year + option for next year, but he won't want #3 behind DB when he gets back. BUt chambers, mccardell and freeman gives us the WR to make the playoffs.

Please get Mccardell and Freeman. McCardell is very solid and Freeman can play in the cold if by some ridiculous chance we get to play in NE in Jan.

McCardell is a fine reciever. We can't afford not to step up and get him to make up for some of the devastating run of horrible luck we've faced. He's the best choice out there right now. This guy is a player, always has been a quality reciever. He'll move the chains for you, he'll score you touchdowns and he'll protect Cris Chambers. He'd look good as a Dolphin but we better get in the game fast or we'll be playing against him.

Your right dawg!!!

BSQX4 said:
McCardell is a fine reciever. We can't afford not to step up and get him to make up for some of the devastating run of horrible luck we've faced. He's the best choice out there right now. This guy is a player, always has been a quality reciever. He'll move the chains for you, he'll score you touchdowns and he'll protect Cris Chambers. He'd look good as a Dolphin but we better get in the game fast or we'll be playing against him.
The additions of KC and AF would again give us some respect on offenese. I know u guys don't expect Derrous Thompson and Kendall Newson to make any noise this season. Lets be serious. KC might be aging and expensive but we need him, bottomline.

DolFan31 said:
The Carey thing doesnt make sense. I keep hearing he's practically a designated starter now Im hearing he hasnt cracked the starting position? :confused:

I'm not quite sure where you herd this, but he has been working with the 2nd, and 3rd units in camp. He sniffed the starters a couple of times, not doing too bad, but the guy is a rookie, and he has not outperformed St. Clair at this point.

Give the guy a little time...

If we signed Kennan and Freeman it would be very smart on the dolphins part. They would be huge upgrades and with chambers we would have a good wr corps even tho boston got hurt. If i was GM id do it.

Ozzy said:
I'm not quite sure where you herd this, but he has been working with the 2nd, and 3rd units in camp. He sniffed the starters a couple of times, not doing too bad, but the guy is a rookie, and he has not outperformed St. Clair at this point.

Give the guy a little time...

Remember, Ozzy. St. Clair isn't a big named offensive lineman, so it is impossible for him to actually be good.

ASUFinFan said:
If we signed Kennan and Freeman it would be very smart on the dolphins part. They would be huge upgrades and with chambers we would have a good wr corps even tho boston got hurt. If i was GM id do it.

Yeah. That would be smart. Cut two young receivers with potential to get two guys who are past their prime. That way, when the two past their prime receivers are retiring in two seasons, the two young receivers will be making their names elsewhere in the NFL. Then, the vicious cycle starts itself over again, with the Dolphins looking for big names to make their fans feel comfortable, because the fans think it is impossible for players to actually develop.

KBISBACK said:
Yeah. That would be smart. Cut two young receivers with potential to get two guys who are past their prime. That way, when the two past their prime receivers are retiring in two seasons, the two young receivers will be making their names elsewhere in the NFL. Then, the vicious cycle starts itself over again, with the Dolphins looking for big names to make their fans feel comfortable, because the fans think it is impossible for players to actually develop.

I agree on Freeman but McCardell can still play at high level.I personally don't think outside help is needed because I believe Thompson and Newman will step up their game.

My apologies guys. I made the post on my way out the door and I had a brain-outage. I heard Big O on "WQAM" not "ESPN".

Sorry my alzheimers is kicking in early.

Many apologies again.

newson is the only young wr we have that looks promising, in 2-3 years our D will most likly be in shambles so we need to win now not develope. DWan doesnt do a good job of developing ne ways.I agree with u KBisback but in this situation i think at least get one of em!

fin-atic said:
My apologies guys. I made the post on my way out the door and I had a brain-outage. I heard Big O on "WQAM" not "ESPN".

Sorry my alzheimers is kicking in early.

Many apologies again.

Ricky hooked up with soem good stuff? :tongue:

J/K

Back
Top Bottom