Big Question Is How Dolphins Will Utilize Seau.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Big Question Is How Dolphins Will Utilize Seau....

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
There are some people who are E-mailing me about concerns of how the DOlphins will utilize the talent of JUNIOR SEAU.

Can he play within the DOlphins scheme? This is a much different scheme than he was used to playing in San Diego....will he trend off and not play within the disciplines of the Dolphins many zone based coverages...they say. Many people see Seau is a sideline to sideline guy...and they say....well...last years starter DERRICK ROGERS was asked to just do so much within the scheme....and many people are wondering on whether or not SEau will be incorporated in new Dolphin schemes...tailoring to his talent.

Well...the good news is this. The Dolphins have indeed put new blitz packages and coverages in where SEau should be able to showcase his mighty warrior style of play. In camp....SEAU has been everything what the Dolphins have hoped for---a leader who as soon as he steps on the field....the opposition has just got to take notice. He has literally stepped up the tempo of the defense....and quite frankly....there is not much fooling him out there...he is hardly ever out of position...stepping up and stopping reverses for short gains has been most noteworthy. ANd there is no doubt.....that BATES will have him blitzing from the outside and inside...yes....there are going to make it happen for Junior....and this should be a fans delight to watch.

I just think many of the fans want to know if JUNIOR can still peddle back into coverage and cover the Tony Gonzalezes of the NFL world.... does he still have that coverage ability....I think that is the only question I have about SEAu at the present time....and this is something to look at during the pre-season.

My opinion on SEAu from the Dolphins view point is this.....if they traded for him to play in the same style that they saw DERRICK ROGERS playing in last season...well then....they are wasting there time...and SEaus for that matter. They got him for one reason....they wanted an upgrade from ROGERS play...and now...they are already have achieved that....and not one game has even been played yet.

The DOlphins must play SEAus GAME....NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND..... your thoughts on how the Dolphins will utilize SeaU..is there any other concerns on what problems may arise?

Is this the way we are going to stop the screen pass from killing us? :D

I was thinking the same thing DCH. If they were concerned about Seau not fitting in, they wouldn't have traded for him.

good call infins....

hopefully Seau's instincts coupled with his ability to take on blockers will allow miami to protect against the screen from one side, and if Wanny is getting more into the D-Scheeme as I heard, hopefully Bates will be forced to call Blitzes at better times than the inanely predictable ones we ran last year, those 2 items coupled together might help erase those "death by screen" fears that we have been having for the entire offseason.

As for Seau, I can't imagine them running the D the same way as last year, sure the D-Backs will still utilise the pressure cover 2 most of the time, but I expect a much more active front 7 this year. Seau's addition allows us to run a D that is much more resembling of the Buc's D last year, I expect Seau and Thomas to be all over the field with Morlon running stopgap and Moore coming in on passing downs (unless we go nickle or dime package)

My question is, in that nickle package, which 2 LB's do you keep in there? Is Seau's coverage going to be good enough, or do we keep him rested and allow the rook to step in beside Zach?

Originally posted by Barbarian
good call infins....

hopefully Seau's instincts coupled with his ability to take on blockers will allow miami to protect against the screen from one side, and if Wanny is getting more into the D-Scheeme as I heard, hopefully Bates will be forced to call Blitzes at better times than the inanely predictable ones we ran last year, those 2 items coupled together might help erase those "death by screen" fears that we have been having for the entire offseason.

As for Seau, I can't imagine them running the D the same way as last year, sure the D-Backs will still utilise the pressure cover 2 most of the time, but I expect a much more active front 7 this year. Seau's addition allows us to run a D that is much more resembling of the Buc's D last year, I expect Seau and Thomas to be all over the field with Morlon running stopgap and Moore coming in on passing downs (unless we go nickle or dime package)

My question is, in that nickle package, which 2 LB's do you keep in there? Is Seau's coverage going to be good enough, or do we keep him rested and allow the rook to step in beside Zach?

Yeah, that's what I meant.;)

I think it will be more of a compromise. They will adjust part of the defense to take advantage of Seau's skills. No need for square pegs in round holes. There will be more wrinkles, yes. But the scheme itself will and should remain largely unchanged. They wouldn't have traded for Seau if it meant wholesale schematic changes.

I for one am excited about Wannstedt getting more involved with the D, while leaving the offense soley to Turner. Let the experts do what they do best.

Here's to Wanny getting a contract extension and Norv Turner leaving us!! Sounds wonderful and sick and the same time.

Good to hear Seau will be blitzing this year. Can you say more INTs...thank god we brought Knight in too position himself and grab the wounded ducks thrown after the QB gets hit by Seau.

The thing that disappointed me most of Rodgers play was filling the gap in between the upfield rush of the ends and tackles. The draw plays that killed us waited on this gap and there was no linebacker there to fill the gap. Everything successful in the opposing teams run was bounced outside through that gap.

General Zod,

Please change your picture back.

Love,
Non :evil:

I don't know if anyone else caught this show "Micosukee Sports Rap" or something like that Friday I believe it was. I caught the last 15 min and got to see interviews at TC from Taylor, Seau, and DT! Seau said there is going to be wrinkles, but he said he's just trying to basically get used to not freelancin' it. DT flat out said "I love the Dolphins", and Taylor basically just said we need the ****ing SB cause there's no excuse.

Oh, he said the O is already throwing all kind of diff stuff at them.

I saw the micosuke show... the interview with Seau had me running around the house screaming!!
They said... 'JR how would you characterize a successful season?' and he said 'SUPERBOWL, plain and simple SUPERBOWL'
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad someone finally says something with some cohonas and not 'Let's just win the AFC East'... BS.
I think we got a chance to go undefeated with this team, if everyone plays to their ability. I don't think the coaches can even f this thing up, unless they forfeit games!!!

RIGHT ON

can you say SUPERBOWL lotion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L

Did you say S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L?

Yup. I gotta go. Managing my hookas takes up a lot of time for me on Saturday nights. I'll probably slap a few for good measure.
We're going. We're going. Start shouting from the mountaintops!!! TESTIFY! TESTIFY! TESTIFY!

Back
Top Bottom