Biggest Offseason need - D Coordinator | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biggest Offseason need - D Coordinator

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Remember how that spread offense killed us !!!

You guys could blast me for this, but I'm really not at ease with our current D-Coordinator.
We could sign the best LB, CB, S, DE, but I don't believe in the scheme we are using....There are many holes in this defense we are very vulnerable in the middle..
Teams had great success against us with the spread offense week in and week out and we never managed to stop/prevent it. I can't blame the players but the coach for poor game planning....
We need someone like a Rex Ryan type in Miami...

Matt Cassell abused us with that spread offense and we need to do something about it !!!

IMO, there is nothing wrong with Paul Pasqualoni. Our defense had pretty much the same players(sans Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor) last year as it did in 06' under Dom Capers. Are defense played lights out compared to the 2006 season.

I think Pasqualoni is one of the main reasons why our defense played so well. He gets a second year running the same schemes with a majority of the same players. It will only get better.

The thing that killed us was our lack of pass rush (excluding JP) and average Secondary. Our schemes looked pretty good to me.

Sorry, I do not agree with you at all. I feel comfortable with Pasqualoni.

Pasqualoni is a defensive guru. i would feel uncomfortable if we ever lost him

Thats what the old teams would do we would switch our coordinators after every year and never continuity. From either other teams taking them or we just get rid of them. I want just 1 year that we keep the whole core of coaches together and not get rid of them like the years before.

there's nothing wrong with ol' blue and the reason cassell messed us up was we couldn't touch him. He made mistakes last year, but so does every DC.

I liked our defense better this year than it used to be. Back when we had the ultimate defense we wouldn't bend but then we would break at the end. This team is the exact opposite. Much better I think.

the reason cassell messed us up was we couldn't touch him.
Very true. I think we could make our defense MUCH better by picking up someone else to get at the QB. I think if we could've done it better last year we could have beat Baltimore. The difference was they were hitting Penny and making him make bad throws, if we could have hit Flacco he would have thrown a couple picks I think. If we don't get someone else to rush the QB we wont beat the Pats this year. We got lucky last year that we caught them off guard in week 3 with the wildcat and Cassell just getting started. Wont be so lucky next season.

I thought the defense did a fantastic job last year (other than the Patriots game).

No change is really needed.

Back
Top Bottom