Biggest surprise so far? Biggest disappointment? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biggest surprise so far? Biggest disappointment?

Biggest Disappointment: Without a doubt, its the defense. Thought they'd be much better then they've shown so far. I realize injuries have played a part in the lack of overall performance, but disappointed nonetheless.

Biggest Suprise: IMO there are several.

1) The lack of overall performance of the defense.

2) Kohou: He's come out of nowhere to play a significant role on the defense. He's young, hungry and improving. Very talent small school kid, with a big future.

3) Conner Williams: Was moved to center, after playing OG for many years. His play has been nothing short of spectacular. This is something I'm not sure anyone saw coming. Williams has embraced his new position and has become a top player at the center spot.

4) Tua: Not that Tua wasn't talented or a bust. His suprise comes in the form of taking such a huge leap in positive performance. He's been thrown to the wolves, lambasted by the media, doubted by fans, all around the league and has been undermined by at least one NFL coach. All he's done, is go out and play his game. He's finally healthy and showing his immense talent. His accuracy, touch and quick release have propelled him into star status. His numbers, over the previous 2 seasons where very good, but basically ignored by fans and media alike. They doubting him. Now he's improved on those numbers, making him a top rated QB. A ranking no one can ignore, any longer.

Last edited:
Surprise- how good McDaniel has been. I was hopeful, but he’s better than I expected.
Disappointment- Sanders used to be automatic but this season really dropped off.

Our defense is suffering due to so many injuries. X is playing hurt. Hopefully they will recover and rebound.

Defense:

nfNeT7YvTozx0cv7ze3mplZpo1_500.gif

Offense:

12739348379.jpg

Biggest surprise:

The Oline is actually playing well, even with non-stop injuries and all.

Biggest disappointment:

What should have been a huge plus on defense for us with our secondary, has become at best very inconsistent with a missing from injury starting Corner, and a lost starting safety (The Jones boys), the once great X playing Inconsistently, and a bunch of other players in the secondary getting injuries.

Biggest Surprise... the sheer number of injuries concentrated mostly on defense. Jones, X, Needham, Trill, Ogbah... that's a lot to overcome and it has prevented us from playing our scheme.

Biggest disappointment... same.
I’ll just echo - this. Injuries concentrated on the secondary in particular.

• Biggest surprise positive: Leading league in passing yardage; two top-5 receivers.​
  • Biggest surprise negative: AFCE strength, top-to-bottom.
  • Biggest disappointment: Ross scandals and the loss of draft picks; Concussion-gate.

Biggest Disappointment: Without a doubt, its the defense. Thought they'd be much better then they've shown so far. I realize injuries have played a part in the lack of overall performance, but disappointed nonetheless.

Biggest Suprise: IMO there are several.

1) The lack of overall performance of the defense.

2) Kohou: He's come out of nowhere to play a significant role on the defense. He's young, hungry and improving. Very talent small school kid, with a big future.

3) Conner Williams: Was moved to center, after playing OG for many years. His play has been nothing short of spectacular. This is something I'm not sure anyone saw coming. Williams has embraced his new position and has become a top player at the center spot.

4) Tua: Not that Tua wasn't talented or a bust. His suprise comes in the form of taking such a huge leap in positive performance. He's been thrown to the wolves, lambasted by the media, doubted by fans, all around the league and has been undermined by at least one NFL coach. All he's done, is go out and play his game. He's finally healthy and showing his immense talent. His accuracy, touch and quick release have propelled him into star status. His numbers, over the previous 2 seasons where very good, but basically ignored by fans and media alike. They doubting him. Now he's improved on those numbers, making him a top rated QB. A ranking no one can ignore, any longer.
Great response.

The last few weeks the offensive line has looked really good. Granted, Tua is getting rid of the ball quickly and Miami has been playing some mediocre teams. I agree Williams has been one of the pleasant surprises.

Kohou has been huge considering Byron Jones has missed the entire season and Nik Needham is out with a season ending injury.

The lack of a pass rush, missed tackles, bad clock management and penalties have been the biggest disappointments.

Adding Chubb certainly should help the pass rush.

Positive surprise would be the gradual improvement of the OL.

Negative surprise is certainly the defense which i expected to be a borderline top 10 unit.I expected the pass rush to be better.

I expected Tua to break out with the talent at WR and McDaniel running the offense.

As far as individual players go Kohou is the obvious positive and I would say Cedric Wilson is the negative over Ogbah because he has barely contributed at all.

Back
Top Bottom