Biggest weaknesses corner and SOLB??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biggest weaknesses corner and SOLB???

ZILLA

Gangsta Leanin'
Reaction score
I really I hope we draft another end and give merling some time at olb...

Given the question marks and lack of depth, I'd definitely say Guard is one of our big problems right now as well.

NT, CB, C, SOLB, G
and no to Merling at OLB, just not going to work

NT, CB, C, SOLB, G
and no to Merling at OLB, just not going to work

i disagree

they had him gain weight to play end but if he could be somewhere between 260-270 he could play linebacker... after watching him intercept that pass and run it back for 6 i had visions of the future...

we'll have to see how much he weighs in at this year...

Biggest weakness is Cornerback, everyone knows even though we took the division last year it still goes through New England. Still don't have a corner to lock down Moss or Welker although we do have two men that will lay the wood on them.

I think our biggest weakness is the lack of strength on the OL. We have to find a way to make it stronger / more physical this off-season. The C position especially....

I think with the addition of C. Wake, we'll be fine at LB, and if we end up adding L. Coles, the WR position shouldn't be an issue this year anymore either. You can never have too many DB's in my opinion, so adding a couple new faces for competition certainly wouldn't hurt....

I'm dead set on BP / JI upgrading the C position though. That's my first concern heading into the draft as of today....

IN TUNA WE TRUST....

I think our biggest weakness is the lack of strength on the OL. We have to find a way to make it stronger / more physical this off-season. The C position especially....

I think with the addition of C. Wake, we'll be fine at LB, and if we end up adding L. Coles, the WR position shouldn't be an issue this year anymore either. You can never have too many DB's in my opinion, so adding a couple new faces for competition certainly wouldn't hurt....

I'm dead set on BP / JI upgrading the C position though. That's my first concern heading into the draft as of today....

IN TUNA WE TRUST....

coles is in buffalo and wake is a weakside guy

Biggest weakness is Cornerback, everyone knows even though we took the division last year it still goes through New England. Still don't have a corner to lock down Moss or Welker although we do have two men that will lay the wood on them.

Agreed,

And we've had this weakness for several years. I realize how our defensive line at times was completely useless at getting pressure on opposing QB's, but the fact remains that Andre Goodman and Will Allen simply aren't good enough to shut down the best WR's on certain teams, especially the Patriots, and we need somebody else to step in and give us a better shot.

I think its the C/G spot. Satelle as our stater at center isn't a good enough to help the inside run game. Satelle as the starting Guard would be a great. But either way the inside oline is where we are the weakest imo...

Oh and Langford would be a better fit at OLB than Merlin. At least physically speaking. Not sure how either would be at covering at TE or RB in pass coverage but I think Langford looks like the quicker of the two...

I think its the C/G spot. Satelle as our stater at center isn't a good enough to help the inside run game. Satelle as the starting Guard would be a great. But either way the inside oline is where we are the weakest imo...

Oh and Langford would be a better fit at OLB than Merlin. At least physically speaking. Not sure how either would be at covering at TE or RB in pass coverage but I think Langford looks like the quicker of the two...

Considering the injuries we had on the line I felt Satele held his own. Then I re-watched both Ravens games and it opened my eyes. Against a dominant Defense our Interior OL was exposed. To be an Offense that can go deep in the playoffs Satele needs to be at guard. To be just another adequate offense that can just can get in to the playoffs we could make it with Satele. I think we all prefer the former.

IN TUNA WE TRUST....

I agree. WE have to be able to run the ball MUCH better than last season. We shouldn't need to constantly use the wildcat & gimmick plays to get decent yardage on the ground.

Ronnie & Ricky are both blue chip RB's, that is the strength of our offense. We need to maximize their production & allow Chad to do his dinking and dunking.

Back
Top Bottom