Bill Cowher as a consultant?/Dom Capers interim Head Coach for 07'? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Cowher as a consultant?/Dom Capers interim Head Coach for 07'?

Vertical Limit

Active Roster
Reaction score
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/01/09/mmqbte/1.html

I got this link from stillers.com [Pittsburgh Steeler fan board].

There is some speculation that Bill Cowher would come in as a consultant for the Miami Dolphins, with Dom Capers as an interim Head Coach for 07', then Bill Cowher would come in as our Head Coach in 2008.

What do you people think about that? I really don't like the sound of that and HOPE that doesn't happen.

These questions come in mind when I think about this:

By doing this, would we be throwing the 2008 season away? What if Dom Capers does a great job as our Head Coach? Is it fair to let him go and bring in Cowher?

hmm. we wouldn't lose any draft picks and then gain the winningest active head coach. this is a bad thing? If Huzy has any sense this is exactly what he should do. This team has lost all sense of direction and desperately in need of someone to lead them. Cowher would restore the character that this franchise used to have. First to go would be Ricky. No way he puts with his crap.

hmm. we wouldn't lose any draft picks and then gain the winningest active head coach. this is a bad thing? If Huzy has any sense this is exactly what he should do. This team has lost all sense of direction and desperately in need of someone to lead them. Cowher would restore the character that this franchise used to have. First to go would be Ricky. No way he puts with his crap.

this is the man who drafted the likes of plaxico burress and more recently, santonio holmes. i dont think cowhers known for the 'class' of his players. Specifically That tool Joey Porter, or his idiotic QB Ben Roethlisberger. Give me a break, you think because the guys won a super bowl, he must have done it with upstanding players?

This scenario is for Mularkey haters:

Hire Cowher as a consultant, Martz as OC, Capers as HC/DC

I dont think that would happen anyway. WH said that he wanted to win now(sooner than later). That is why I think the person that we will hire as our HC is the future of the franchise. We cant cant change HC's every year and expect to be dominant again IMO.

This scenario is for Mularkey haters:

Hire Cowher as a consultant, Martz as OC, Capers as HC/DC

MARTZ CANNOT BE ANYTHING OTHER THAN A HEAD COACH!!
The NFL rules for coordinators do not allow for lateral moves as this would be, as Martz is already an offensive coordinator. He would have to get a promotion to head coach to move. And as for that, no thanks.

I dont think that would happen anyway. WH said that he wanted to win now(sooner than later). That is why I think the person that we will hire as our HC is the future of the franchise. We cant cant change HC's every year and expect to be dominant again IMO.
You should consider an exception as far as Cowher is concerned. A great plan (albeit, maybe a very large cart in front of a modest-sized donkey). And oh, by the way... Ricky stays

You should consider an exception as far as Cowher is concerned. A great plan (albeit, maybe a very large cart in front of a modest-sized donkey). And oh, by the way... Ricky stays

True I agree, but I want this team to win in 07. If we can find a good oach now we wont need Cowher. Dont get the wrong idea I would welcome him with open arms.

this is the man who drafted the likes of plaxico burress and more recently, santonio holmes. i dont think cowhers known for the 'class' of his players. Specifically That tool Joey Porter, or his idiotic QB Ben Roethlisberger. Give me a break, you think because the guys won a super bowl, he must have done it with upstanding players?
and you see how long Plax stayed around, and Santonio fooled everyone. And how is Ben idiotic? ok, other than not wearing a helmet (and you wouldn't rather have him than any QB on the roster right now????.) What about Bettis, Fanaca, Ward, Randle-El, Farrior, Hartings, Hampton, Parker, Miller, Polamalu, Woodson, Lake....to name a few. Those that put themselves above them team don't stick around long.
My point being is that they've continually drafted solid players with solid character while I've had to watch our beloved Phins flounder year after year since Marino left.
I suppose it could be worse, we could see half the team on the Police blotter like the Bengals.

MARTZ CANNOT BE ANYTHING OTHER THAN A HEAD COACH!!
The NFL rules for coordinators do not allow for lateral moves as this would be, as Martz is already an offensive coordinator. He would have to get a promotion to head coach to move. And as for that, no thanks.
not sure of the particulars you're referring to, but Linehan was Minne's O cord before he came to Miami to be their O cord. right?:confused:

Steelers are the winningest team the last 15 years. I'd take an interim for one year for Cowher.

Back
Top Bottom