Bill Cowher as a consultant?/Dom Capers interim Head Coach for 07'? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Cowher as a consultant?/Dom Capers interim Head Coach for 07'?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/01/09/mmqbte/1.html

I got this link from stillers.com [Pittsburgh Steeler fan board].

There is some speculation that Bill Cowher would come in as a consultant for the Miami Dolphins, with Dom Capers as an interim Head Coach for 07', then Bill Cowher would come in as our Head Coach in 2008.

What do you people think about that? I really don't like the sound of that and HOPE that doesn't happen.

These questions come in mind when I think about this:

By doing this, would we be throwing the 2008 season away? What if Dom Capers does a great job as our Head Coach? Is it fair to let him go and bring in Cowher?

You can forget that ever happening. The steelers wouldn't stand for that and would surely go after it with the league office. When Parcells walked out of NE following the 96 super bowl loss the jets hired him as a consultant to interum head coach Belichick yet parcells still had one year left on his contract with NE. NE took it to the league for a league finding and the league shot parcells little schurade down in an instant. Lets face it the Steelers own the rights to cowher for 1 more year if he wants to work in the nfl. Back in 97 it cost the jets a 1st round draft pick as part of the compensation for NE to set Parcells free. In 2000 The whole senaro repeated itself in reverse when Belichick resigned to take the NE job. Those two cases alone provide the league with more than enough prescedent on how to handle that type of situation.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/01/09/mmqbte/1.html

I got this link from stillers.com [Pittsburgh Steeler fan board].

There is some speculation that Bill Cowher would come in as a consultant for the Miami Dolphins, with Dom Capers as an interim Head Coach for 07', then Bill Cowher would come in as our Head Coach in 2008.

What do you people think about that? I really don't like the sound of that and HOPE that doesn't happen.

These questions come in mind when I think about this:

By doing this, would we be throwing the 2008 season away? What if Dom Capers does a great job as our Head Coach? Is it fair to let him go and bring in Cowher?

Nowhere in the article does it mention that Bill Cowher will come in as a consultant to the Dolphins. It suggests that he could become a consultant somewhere. So when you say there is "some speculation", who are you referring to? Yourself? P KIng is not speculating that Cowher will come to Miami.

The letter writer was actually asking about Cowher coming to the Giants. P King notes that it is unlikely Cowher will be hired as a HC anywhere (because of the compensation)this year but that he may come in as a consultant somewhere. He says that the best hope of the Giants lanfding Cowher is to give Coughlin a year extension, which incidentally has occured since King wrote the article.
Bottom line? If I were to speculate, I'd say Cowher is not coming to Miami, . Neither this year or next.

Back
Top Bottom