Bill Cowher "impressed and interested" in Bills head coaching vacancy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Cowher "impressed and interested" in Bills head coaching vacancy

LitStyl

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Cowher-to-Bills back on?
The rumor this week has been that Bill Cowher is leaning heavily towards returning to the NFL sidelines for 2010. The only problem -- as we're beginning to see -- is that there might not be a place for him.

With the Cowboys, Bears and Panthers now out of the picture, we speculated that Cowher was down to the Bucs, Jaguars and Texans. This was predicated on the published reports that Cowher was not interested in the Buffalo Bills.

But what if those reports weren't entirely true? Sal Capaccio of Buffalo Sports Daily has word from a source that Cowher is "impressed and interested" in the Bills' opening. As we know, Cowher wants to have a big say on personnel moves, and the Bills don't have an actual GM as of now. This is intriguing.

It's not letting me post a link because my post count is too low, but its from ESPN.com's NFL insider.

Yea I heard about this..

I am not afraid of "Cowher Power" bring him on..

We got the Tuna

i don't know how likely of a possibility this is, but cowher going to the bills would be a nightmare for us. the east is good enough and only likely to get better - let's not throw the bills into the mix.

i don't know how likely of a possibility this is, but cowher going to the bills would be a nightmare for us. the east is good enough and only likely to get better - let's not throw the bills into the mix.

Your sig is hysterical......

That would be a HUGE hire for Buffalo. Lets hope it doesnt happen lol.

I hope Buffalo hires Bills legend Jim Haslett instead.

Why must you hate us so? Why not go all in and ask us to retain Fewell or even better, rehire Jauron?

I know I'll catch heat from my fellow Fin fans for this, but here it is: Count me among those who actually hope that the Bills turn it around. There's just too much history and tradition as it relates to the franchise and their rivalry with us for them to wind up in Canada or worse- Los Angeles lol. I HATE Buffalo, but I'd miss them as a rival if they faded even more into obscurity. Plus a division with Parcells, Belichick, and Cowher packed into it would be exciting :)

I know I'll catch heat from my fellow Fin fans for this, but here it is: Count me among those who actually hope that the Bills turn it around. There's just too much history and tradition as it relates to the franchise and their rivalry with us for them to wind up in Canada or worse- Los Angeles lol. I HATE Buffalo, but I'd miss them as a rival if they faded even more into obscurity. Plus a division with Parcells, Belichick, and Cowher packed into it would be exciting :)

I have two distinctly varied opinions on the Bills:

* I love the old AFL uniforms with the classic real buffalo logo

* I despise and can't fathom the existence of the garbage CFL-style darker uniform with the ridiculous winged creature on the helmet

Cowher is welcome to the division if he rescues the old Bills logo and color scheme, like Parcells astutely did with the Jets. That '80s, early '90s Jets helmet and slime green uniform was uniquely horrid.

Otherwise, as a Canes fan I'm concerned Mark Whipple might follow Cowher to an NFL job, as has been rumored. But I'm not sure Buffalo would be logical given the climate and how Whipple prefers to throw the ball.

I have two distinctly varied opinions on the Bills:

* I love the old AFL uniforms with the classic real buffalo logo

* I despise and can't fathom the existence of the garbage CFL-style darker uniform with the ridiculous winged creature on the helmet

Cowher is welcome to the division if he rescues the old Bills logo and color scheme, like Parcells astutely did with the Jets. That '80s, early '90s Jets helmet and slime green uniform was uniquely horrid.

Otherwise, as a Canes fan I'm concerned Mark Whipple might follow Cowher to an NFL job, as has been rumored. But I'm not sure Buffalo would be logical given the climate and how Whipple prefers to throw the ball.

We threw the ball with Kelly here, and well.

We threw the ball with Kelly here, and well.

Yeah, I remember. But that doesn't mean it's ideally suited for the climate or that a potential coordinator wouldn't consider it a factor in his decision.

You had superior talent in the Kelly era. Any style would have worked. In fact, you actually threw the ball too darn much. That was my reasoning in betting against all those Bills teams once they faced a more physical and balanced NFC team in the Super Bowl. Every statistical system pointed to the opponent all 4 times, particularly the Redskin game.

Cow Her, love his name,

Has told his friends for years he's only getting back into the NFL if theirs already a QB on the team, and we all know the Bills don't have one.

Not happening

Dolphins have 2nd highest payroll in the league and pats like 5. So he will be competing with 2 higher spending team in his conference.

Bill and Bill 4 times a year is a headache he will avoid.

Rex and the ravens type defence twice a year.

Just too much headache he can take over a team in a weak division and have decent success .

Back
Top Bottom