Bill Cowher just resigned | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Cowher just resigned

Believe it or not fans in Pittsburgh are already talking about what compensation they would get from us. They are claiming it's better to let him sign with us then to loose him to retirement for nothing. I wouldn't be shocked if I see Cowher end up coaching Miami.

http://www.pittsburghsportsinsider.com/?p=213

The guy is only 49...wow. I could have sworn he was in his late 50's. He's got another decade left of coaching...

The guy is only 49...wow. I could have sworn he was in his late 50's. He's got another decade left of coaching...

definately. and yet he is one of the most experienced head coaches in the nfl. regardless, i bet he goes back to the steelers in a few years. just a hunch.

Guys....

The guy was negotiating an extension two weeks ago.

As late as last week there was a report that Rooney offered 6 million a year and Cowher wanted 7 million minimum.

Then he "resigned".

Put two and two together. The guy wants to coach again.

if the compensation is right....take him.

definately. and yet he is one of the most experienced head coaches in the nfl. regardless, i bet he goes back to the steelers in a few years. just a hunch.

He won't go back there. They won't pay him what he's worth.
We can get him if we throw enough money & bonuses his way.

Do you guys think he's worth the compensation / draft pick???...

PHINZ RULE!!!!!

That is the important question.

if the compensation is a 2nd round pick...absolutely...we would be stupid to not do it.

maybe a "conditional" future 1st round pick?

Remember that this situation is very different from the John Gruden situation.

Cowher has resigned. He only had one year left.

it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Steelers asked for money instead of a draft pick. Rooney is that much of a cheap skate.

Section is right, IMO. This is about money more that anything.

Rooney is not willing to cough up what Cower is asking for but Wayne has deep pockets. I see us making Cower an offer in the 7MM range and giving up a draft pick.

That is the important question.

if the compensation is a 2nd round pick...absolutely...we would be stupid to not do it.

maybe a "conditional" future 1st round pick?

Remember that this situation is very different from the John Gruden situation.

Cowher has resigned. He only had one year left.

it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Steelers asked for money instead of a draft pick. Rooney is that much of a cheap skate.
With Wayne's deep pockets that would be perfect and also the best for the Dolphins. I think Cowher is worth 7 mil/yr and I think Wayne would pay it.

Believe it or not fans in Pittsburgh are already talking about what compensation they would get from us. They are claiming it's better to let him sign with us then to loose him to retirement for nothing. I wouldn't be shocked if I see Cowher end up coaching Miami.

http://www.pittsburghsportsinsider.com/?p=213

Note that the "source" is another sportswriter: "According to Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga just might take a run at hiring Cowher." WOW! That's real news! In other words "Hey, this one sportswriter things this might happen, so it must be news!"

Of course, it would be fine by me if it happened. :D

I like that last comment...I wish that guy was doing the negotiating on Pittsburgh's end: "we could take the rights to Ricky Williams for Bill Cowher.. HA.. j/p". LOL...And Wayne H. says "where do I sign".

You guys should go after Jim Tressel from OSU. I don't know if he's interested or not, but that guy can flat out coach.

Back
Top Bottom