Bill Cowher & Tom Clements OC | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Cowher & Tom Clements OC

Rev Kev

Tank for Tua Apologist
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.post-gazette.com/steelers/20010113steelers3.asp

I have to tell you I was having dreams of Luck last night, but when I woke up and read that Cowher was talking through people about potential assistant coaches my mind continues to drift back to Tom Clements who is under contract and won't leave until the season ends in GB. I fully expect that Tom will move on from QB coach to an OC position after he wins his second SB.
If you doubt the relationship between Cowher and Clements look no further than this article in 2001 that I posted the link to above

Saturday, January 13, 2001
By Gerry Dulac, Post-Gazette Sports Writer
When Bill Cowher was in eighth grade, growing up in Crafton, he looked up to the kid from McKees Rocks -- the star quarterback, the hotshot basketball guard who played in the Roundball Classic.

Yesterday, Cowher hired his boyhood hero -- Tom Clements -- to be the Steelers' quarterback coach.

Man i just dream about women...............

If Cowher landed Clements and we had the first OA pick - Oliver would look back at A Rodgers and what Clements has accomplished with him in GB there and LAndrew would sign - just saying

All Clements has done since Cowher first selected him from KC - is win - win with Big Ben and now with A Rodgers now Clements has had plenty to work with but he understands people and he gets the game

The article is from 2001 WTF?
Someone better make sense of this post for me or its being moved.

Cowher hired Clements to be his QB coach with the Steelers back in 2001. The thinking is that he will hire Clements again, this time as the OC.

I think there is a positive link between Cowher and Clements and Clements ability to work with young QBs - and win SBs with two young QBs - Oliver Luck would like that - if you want to be a jerk go right ahead move it

Clements played QB in the CFL and Rodgers played for Jeff Tedford at Cal who is another former CFL QB (in Calgary rev kev). The CFL is a pass heavy leaguge and I would love to see that type of approach to bring us in line with current NFL offensive mentality.

Clements played QB in the CFL and Rodgers played for Jeff Tedford at Cal who is another former CFL QB (in Calgary rev kev). The CFL is a pass heavy leaguge and I would love to see that type of approach to bring us in line with current NFL offensive mentality.

Correct I didn't know about Tedford I guess I am too young - the offensive Pass Happy mentality in the NFL today is largely due to the CFL and the coaches and QBs developed here.

Good to hear from the Calgary brethren this morning

Great find, revkev!

Part of my hesitancy with Cowher is that every coordinator he had in Pittsburgh ran a system other than the West Coast, which is the system Luck is running so well in Stanford. But the notion of pairing Cowher with a West Coast mind at Offensive Coordinator is in many ways the best of all possible worlds.

This story instantly shoots Tom Clements to the top of any list of OCs I want Cowher to hire if he indeed becomes our coach and we have the first overall pick. No more hoping Ken Whisenhunt gets fired!

If Cowher landed Clements and we had the first OA pick - Oliver would look back at A Rodgers and what Clements has accomplished with him in GB there and LAndrew would sign - just saying

All Clements has done since Cowher first selected him from KC - is win - win with Big Ben and now with A Rodgers now Clements has had plenty to work with but he understands people and he gets the game

And I believe Clements also has HC experience in the CFL. If he comes here and Bill stays 3 or 4 years and then leaves.......maybe Clements could be his successor ??

And he's been with the Packers since 2006, which means he's been instrumental in turning Aaron Rodgers -- a quarterback who Luck is in many ways similar to -- into the best quarterback in football.

*GAVEL*

Sold! To the eager Dolphins fan in the front row!

If he hired Clements would that signify a move to the WCO? WCO and a zone blitzing scheme on defense...that would be my preference. Would love to have it here.

Back
Top Bottom