Bill Cowher would bring structure to this franchise! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Cowher would bring structure to this franchise!

phinatic1399

Diehard Phinatic!
Reaction score
So we all know that Bill Cowher wouldn't mind coming down and coaching the phins, but all indications are that it is not going to happen because ross does not want to give Bill Cowher complete control, but I argue this would be the best move we could possibly make and here is why. Bill Cowher will bring structure to this orginization from top to bottom and I think that is something we are seriously lacking, he wants to bring Kevin Colbert with him who is currently the GM for the steelers, he also wants to bring Ron Hughes with him who is the College Scouting Coordinator for the steelers, these guys know how to find talent and build teams, look at the steelers every year they're always in the hunt for the super-bowl because these guys know how to find talent! Look at the top organizations in the league they all have structure and are all in a position to compete every year, Pitt, Baltimore, Green Bay, the colts, New England, all these teams have good front-offices and good structure from top-to-bottom and year in and year out draft very well and put together football teams that can compete for a championship. Bill Cowher would not have complete control he would work with his front office to draft, sign free-agents and build a coaching staff, we would become the steelers of the south, I don't see anything wrong with that considering they seem to get it right every year. Instead it loooks like were going to stick with this regime who in 3 years has yet to find a qb, who wasted a 2nd round pick on henne, a 2nd round pick on white, a 3rd round pick on turner, drafted 4 LB's in the 2010 draft instead of trying to find team speed, took merling over donnie avery, eddie royal, john carlson and tracy porter and desean jackson, took long over ryan, didn't have the brains to realize we could of taken long then traded up in the first round to get flacco, whiffed on wilson, whiffed on smiley, whiffed on grove, whiffed on wilford, cut donald thomas for no reason, traded roth for no reason, traded our only guy with speed in ginn for no reason, this front office has built a 1980's team that is slow and big with no qb and no team speed! We need structure from top-to-bottom owner, gm, coach, qb and Cowher and his guys would bring that, to bad were probably going to pass on them just like all the qb's we could of had. I'm sorry I just needed to vent!

As much as I like Cowher, we've seen time and time again that the hyped coach who wants complete power doesn't work. A coach needs a sounding board to avoid zeroing in on players with blinders on.

Cowher with a GM yes. Cowher in charge of everything? Still better than what we currently have, but I'd still say we'd be wise to look elsewhere.

My Bud made a good point to me yesterday when we were discussing Cowher. My original thoughts were that history in the NFL doesnt like, History tells us coaches do not win championships with different teams. My friends rebuttal- Cowher is your best option to get the Fins back on track where at the minimum the next coach could come in to compete for a championship.

I am officially on the Harbaugh or Cowher bandwaggon.
Chubbs

All Cowher would have control of is picking his GM and his staff, he would work with Kevin Colbert to draft and put together a team, he would not have "complete" control, he just doesn't want to work with a gm he does not know like ireland, he wants to bring in his own guys.

Pitt, Baltimore, Green Bay, the colts, New England, all these teams have good front-offices and good structure from top-to-bottom

All of those teams also do not change FO's and coaches every 3-4 years. It is not only structure, it is stability. Nor do any of these coaching staff's have total control, which is what Cowher wants. And Cowher did not have control in Pittsburgh. I heard these arguments when Jimmy was hired. Heard them again when Saban was hired. How many times do fans want to blow "everything" up and start again?

I agree with cowher bringing structure. Would he keep Nolan to me is the question. I'd rather see harbaugh and Nolan together than just cowher. I feel harbaugh could really make us a offense to worry about with the guys we have and guys that he'd draft

Yes, but wont happen I dont think, Ross is about Money, and will cost too much to get Cowher here, esp since he has to pay Tony Morano his final year

If Ross is about money then he better change head coaches. I know a ****load of people who are not going to renew season tickets including me.

By buddy is a die hard Steeler fan and he tells me that Cowher would bring Kevin Kolbert with him as GM... This is the guy behind all their draft since 2002.

I say pull the trigger

All the people that are saying everything about Cowher now are also the same people that where saying the exact same thing when Parcells arrived. If I was Ross I would fire Sporano if that is what he wants and then let the GM hire the coach. That way you know the coach and the gm will be able to work together. Im tired of every three years lets get rid of everybody that does not work we are going down the Raiders path.

Back
Top Bottom