Bill Cowhers' Qbs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Cowhers' Qbs

jonanthans

LES f**g MILES
Reaction score
With the rumors growing concerning Bill Cowher being the main candidate for our head coaching job, I was curious about the different Qbs Cowher had started during his coaching regime;

Neil O'Donnell
Bubby Brister
Mike Tomczak
Jim Miller
Kordell Stewart
Kent Graham
Tommy Maddox
Charlie Batch
Ben Roethlisberger

Not too pretty. Finally got a good one after 13 years. If Cowher gets the job, its going to be interesting to see what he does with our current roster of Qbs.

if we cant get luck or newton take the best rb, bring someone in to compete with henne

With the rumors growing concerning Bill Cowher being the main candidate for our head coaching job, I was curious about the different Qbs Cowher had started during his coaching regime;

Neil O'Donnell
Bubby Brister
Mike Tomczak
Jim Miller
Kordell Stewart
Kent Graham
Tommy Maddox
Charlie Batch
Ben Roethlisberger

Not too pretty. Finally got a good one after 13 years. If Cowher gets the job, its going to be interesting to see what he does with our current roster of Qbs.

Personally, Cowher's history entices me as a fan, he has already learned the importance of finding a true franchise QB versus trying to slide by with mediocrity.

I would think job one for him here would be find another Big Ben.

Omar Jacobs
Brian St.Pierre
Tee Martin
Jim Miller
Kordell Stewart
Alex Van Pelt
Ben Roethlisberger

These are the Qbs that he drafted while in Pittsburgh.

Omar Jacobs
Brian St.Pierre
Tee Martin
Jim Miller
Kordell Stewart
Alex Van Pelt
Ben Roethlisberger

These are the Qbs that he drafted while in Pittsburgh.
by looking at that list if cower is brought in newton is who cower will go after

by looking at that list if cower is brought in newton is who cower will go after

That was my thoughts exactly. Im personally not a big fan of Newton, but will be on board with the pick if Cowher is the one doing the selecting.

Funny thing is, he won with those QB's. Kordell Stewart was QB of an AFC Championship Steelers team. If he can work with Kordell, he can surely work with Henne. IMO, he needs a game manager like Maddox. Perhaps Orton or Palmer could fill that role.

That was my thoughts exactly. Im personally not a big fan of Newton, but will be on board with the pick if Cowher is the one doing the selecting.

i wasnt a fan ether but mabey newton is the type we need. who knows? and after watching tebow play today it also makes me wonder

i wasnt a fan ether but mabey newton is the type we need. who knows? and after watching tebow play today it also makes me wonder

damn, I was just thinking the same about Tebow too, lol....

A lot of people had to eat their words after his performance today..

Neil O'Donnell
Bubby Brister
Mike Tomczak
Jim Miller
Kordell Stewart
Kent Graham
Tommy Maddox
Charlie Batch
Ben Roethlisberger

But you failed to mention, Steelers always has a decent record and never had high picks.

Lol, that whole list looks very "Dolphin-esque."

A who's who of mediocrity until Big Ben fell into his lap....then of course the Super Bowl came.

But you failed to mention, Steelers always has a decent record and never had high picks.

Not sure that factors in a lot. There were lots of Qbs taken that he passed on that ended up being solid Qbs. The list was more a point that while a lot of people viewed his Qbs as average, middle-of-the-road players, he tended to not go after the big splash Qbs in the draft or in Free Agency. A lot of people on finheaven are wanting a change at Qb as well, and may not get that with Cowher at the helm.

i still don't understand how cowher is the best option for head coach. it took him how many years to make pittsburgh a contender? are the fickle dolphin fans really capable of having that kind of patience?

i still don't understand how cowher is the best option for head coach. it took him how many years to make pittsburgh a contender? are the fickle dolphin fans really capable of having that kind of patience?

He put the team in contention every season, I take that.

First of all, he won with that garbage on the list. Second of all, the NFL was different in some of those years. The care-taking QB could win big. Last of all, a strong personnel boss is vital with a Cowher selection.

Back
Top Bottom