Bill Lazor: Assassin Of The 2015 Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Lazor: Assassin Of The 2015 Dolphins

MarinoEqualsGod

The man, the myth, the legend
Reaction score
http://www.phinsnews.com/miami-dolphins-news-lazor-assassin-of-the-2015-dolphins/

Why would success be spurned? Why would someone continually disobey their boss in the face of dismal results due to the disobedience? Why would you for a lack of a better analogy, ‘spit in the face of the king’? The only rationale, aside from being insane, is Lazor either wanted to prove he knew better or he wanted failed results.
Let’s for a second go back to Philbust’s firing – who was everyone saying would take over: the vast cry was Lazor. Now place yourself on Lazor’s shoes as the last top coordinator standing…the pay increase, the resume’ builder, the experience, the chance all a fingertip away – then in an instant, gone, given to the tight end coach.

From the Patriots game on Miami went full pass and nose dived. The man directing it, despite the orders from his boss, was Bill Lazor. I’m not saying Campbell would have been the next Lombardi if he had listened. I’m not saying Tannehill would have faired better with run support and audibles. I’m not saying we would be in the hunt for the playoffs. What I am saying is, Bill Lazor went rogue; Bill Lazor lied about audibles; Bill Lazor defied his boss; Bill Lazor robbed Campbell a legitimate shot; Bill Lazor was an assassin of the 2015 season.

Kinda makes you wish he would have taken that Detroit job as was originally reported, one day before he ended up with Failbin in Miami.

I just think Lazor was too ****ing stubborn. Like many other coaches are.

Campbell came out at halftime and said we were going to go uptempo to change things up...then it never happened. Did Campbell change his mind when he realized we had 2 rookies on offense, including a center that can't snap the ball, or did Lazor ignore that directive?

On top of being insulted that his subordinate was now his boss we heard the players wanted him out as much as the defensive players wanted Coyle out, and Campbell kind of hinted that he was on a short leash. Its possible that deep down he didn't want the team to succeed, maybe just on a subconscious level, so he wasn't giving his best effort. But I also think its likely that some players weren't giving their best efforts either because they were disappointed that Lazor was still here, or that the team had already squandered any real hope at playoffs, or Tannehill, or maybe some of them actually liked Philbin better.

amazes me that that guy who wrote the article thinks that Miami would have had one lick of success running the ball vs the jets front just because of sheer attempts

absolutely amazes me...

although he's got one thing right...lazor was a flat out liar

Lazor turned into a real bulls*** guy. He has this smartest guy in the room syndrome, always expecting to outthink his adversaries. Well, he didn't outthink anyone and his crap offense couldn't score points and set our highly paid QB back quite a bit. Tannehill never looked worse than this last stretch of games. He's looks unsure, shaky in the pocket and he simply freezes up in the big moments in games. I found myself screaming at the television run the f***** ball! The dumbest of all things was when we were backed up on our own 3 yard line and Lazor has Tannehill back in the shot gun deep in his end zone to throw some dumb a** risky pass. So stupid!!!!!! Just get up under center and do a QB sneak or run the ball. Jesus!!!!!!!!!!! What's wrong with these idiots we hire. So, of course, it's another safety!!!!! What a jack a**!!!!! Philbin, Ireland, Coyle, Lazor-one idiot after an other! Final stupidity-the Jet game, Marshall is just crushing Grimes and not once do we double team the guy, so all day Marshall just abuses Grimes and no coach says hey, maybe we should add a safety over the top so the guy stops destroying us??????????? Never even tried something different, just let the guy hammer us all day. Pathetic, so bad. I would have put our most physical corner right up in Marshall's grill. When the ball is snapped just smash him hard within the 5 yards, then have Jones on the double cover. Disrupt the timing, do something different, but we played it like we're the dumbest team in the history of teams. We better smarten up or we'll never win another game. Oh, keep returning kick offs from 8 yards deep so if your lucky you get to the 10 yard line and then the holding flag puts you on the 5 and then let Lazor put Ryan in the gun......make it stop.

Yeah what if the players just aren't that good and their egos are looking for a scapegoat? Remember the defense was talking about being put into bad situations and not given a chance to make plays, now we've got Suh straight up saying his teammates suck. Lazor is gone, the offense will still be *****, and by years end the blame will be sitting on the offensive lines shoulders, and tannehills. What does a team with no direction look like? The 2015 Miami dolphins thats what!

I can't speak to the accuracy of the comments about Lazor.....but I do know that Dan Campbell emphasized a heavy run offense when he took over and it never happened. He said on Sunday that we were going to a hurry up style in the 2nd half...and it didn't happen. Something was going on here that doesn't make any sense. You would hate to think that Lazor was capable of sabotaging Campbell and the team.....but something was definitely odd.

So, Lazor was a mini, poor-mans, Chip Kelly, minus the uptempo offense?

Lazor going rogue makes complete sense now! Why on earth would you continue to run the shotgun when 90% of the snaps were bad. It's like he wanted to turn the ball over.

I couldn't stop yelling at my T.V......it was the true definition of insanity

The NFL caught up with the Chip Kelly offense...period.

This team is better than this scheme shows....still has holes...but is not as far away as many think.

amazes me that that guy who wrote the article thinks that Miami would have had one lick of success running the ball vs the jets front just because of sheer attempts

absolutely amazes me...

although he's got one thing right...lazor was a flat out liar

Miller has had some of his best games against the Jets. Amazing that the guy only got the ball 3 times...and Ajayi replaced him after the first two possessions. I honestly thought Miller got hurt and wasn't able to play anymore.

Regardless, you most definitely won't have success running the ball when you only attempt 9 rushes...one of those by Landry. We've all seen Miller get 2 yards here, 3 yards there and then all of a sudden pop one for 10+. I don't care if you're not running the ball well a 58-to-9 run-to-pass ratio is a recipe for disaster.

Back
Top Bottom