Bill Lazor: Assassin Of The 2015 Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Lazor: Assassin Of The 2015 Dolphins

A good coordinator shapes his system to fit his players he has at his disposal, not try and force his players to fit a system when it clearly isn't working. Also I feel like Lazor would have benefited calling plays from a booth rather than the sideline. Sometimes being too close to the problem makes it harder to see it. If that makes any sense.

The NFL caught up with the Chip Kelly offense...period.

This team is better than this scheme shows....still has holes...but is not as far away as many think.

It is more than just the scheme. He did not include feedback from his QBs. He did not allow it. Geez!

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Now I am interested to see the game. I really want to see if RT appears more comfortable during the game.

A good coordinator shapes his system to fit his players he has at his disposal, not try and force his players to fit a system when it clearly isn't working. Also I feel like Lazor would have benefited calling plays from a booth rather than the sideline. Sometimes being too close to the problem makes it harder to see it. If that makes any sense.

Im not a genius but Ive been saying the same thing all season.......why the hell is he on the sideline. How can you possibly see whats going on everywhere on the field. Woudlnt you want to be able to view replays and get other coaches perspective??

It comes back to your first point. Lazor didn't care about anything else but his system. He was too smart for the game and was constantly forcing a square peg in a round hole.

To play Devil's Advocate, are we sure that's a good thing? I'm still not sure how high Tannehill's football IQ is...

honestly whether you are a Tanny backer or not, you can't call plays in spite of a QB. If you don't think you can succeed with the QB you have either replace him or find a way to work around his strengths, don't call plays in spite of the QB. Makes things impossible.

The thing w Campbell getting the job over Lazor - that had to piss Lazor off. Anyone on this board ever have to work for someone who used to work for you? Normally doesn't go so well. I think DC tried but likely got passive-aggressive crap from Lazor and finally decided that's enough. I'm still pulling for Campbell. I love that he's running the team as though his life depended on it. I wish we had fired more coordinators during the season over the decades who were sucking it up. Good for you Dan. If you are going to go down w the ship, go down knowing you did everything you could to make the team the best it could be.

Back
Top Bottom