Bill Lazor Called a Phenomenal Game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Lazor Called a Phenomenal Game

J. David Wannyheimer

Writing in pencil on laminated cards since 2011
Club Member
Reaction score
That's really all I have to say. Running the offense from under center, getting Damien Williams and Dion Sims involved creatively, and showing a great feel for how he's calling the plays. There were a couple of weird things I didn't like in situational spots, like the fact that we ran five wide on 3rd and 1, thus negating the threat of a run, but the way we've changed things up in the run game has been huge. I can't nitpick this.

Best game he has called all season. Really, really, really impressed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lazor is a bright point this year for me. I like how many WiDE OPEN receivers we were seeing when the QB got some time.

the only thing I don't like about him is he abandons the run to often. we get one dimensional and it kills us. when we have the running game going and passing game going we are a hard team to beat. but we have got to one dimensional which has lost us a lot of games.

Excellent play calling today. Good balance and situation awareness by Lazor.

Great game by TanneThrill.

And kudos Wallace, I dig on you all the time, great game as well.

the only thing I don't like about him is he abandons the run to often. we get one dimensional and it kills us. when we have the running game going and passing game going we are a hard team to beat. but we have got to one dimensional which has lost us a lot of games.

Yeah, that's been one of my complaints about Lazor. Another thing is those stupid WR screen passes that we aren't any good at -- you saw one today for -2 yards -- but he really got away from those and made good use of our TEs, backs, and Mike Wallace today.

I'm really curious to see what we look like on offense next week. Really curious.

I've seen a lot of abuse heaped on Lazor this year and I think that's outright ridiculous.

I think he is the best coaching pick up we've had since.... gosh, Shula? (I know, it's early..)

I want to echo Dr. Phin above - there are consistently wide open receivers running around. Need THill to be more accurate, more often and the receivers to catch the catchable ones.

That second half was a thing of beauty offensively.

Lazor did a nice job calling plays today. Don't you wonder if our oline shuffle since detroit game hurt his development of what could have been ?

I've seen a lot of abuse heaped on Lazor this year and I think that's outright ridiculous.

I think he is the best coaching pick up we've had since.... gosh, Shula? (I know, it's early..)

I want to echo Dr. Phin above - there are consistently wide open receivers running around. Need THill to be more accurate, more often and the receivers to catch the catchable ones.

That second half was a thing of beauty offensively.

WTF RT executed, what accuracy problem WTF

I've been critical of Lazor, today he earned his paycheck. Give him legit depth on OL and upgrade Hartline and Gibson , I am intrigued to see year two.

He was shaky early. First half had some bad play calls. Would like to see him improve in the first half of games...too many times we've had to wait till the 2nd half before the offense starts to click. He needs to do a better job of attacking teams in the first half.

Lazor did a great job......nice balance and mixing it up when needed. There was no panic in the offense during that last drive.

WTF RT executed, what accuracy problem WTF

WTF? Whaddya mean, WTF?!

Almost every game RT has issues getting the easy passes where they need to be on a consistent basis. Hell yeah he executed and that's what I'm talking about, more execution from the QB position.

This offense could be wonderful with a couple key additions and a steady OL. Don't forget the humidity took it out of the Viking's sails. It makes it easier for the offense, eh.

WTF? Whaddya mean, WTF?!

Almost every game RT has issues getting the easy passes where they need to be on a consistent basis. Hell yeah he executed and that's what I'm talking about, more execution from the QB position.

This offense could be wonderful with a couple key additions and a steady OL. Don't forget the humidity took it out of the Viking's sails. It makes it easier for the offense, eh.
Eh? Are you Canadian?

The heat and humidity didn't seem to effect the Vikings offense and special teams...eh?

Back
Top Bottom