Bill Musgrave | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Musgrave

datruth55

Hungry for defense
Club Member
Reaction score
He's the QB coach in Atlanta and while he is credited with the development of Matt Schaub and Matt Ryan I do not want him as OC. I thought I did but then I did some research. Apparently he's been OC twice before and had a worse offense then we had this past season.

2000 with Carolina - 310 points scored (21st out of 31 teams), 19.4 ppg, 12th ranked passing offense, 29th ranked rushing offense, 20th ranked offense overall (in terms of yards).

2003 with Jags - 276 points scored (25th out of 32 teams), 17.2 ppg, 15th ranked passing offense, 8th ranked rushing offense, 12th ranked offense overall (in terms of yards).

2004 with Jags - 261 points scored (31st out of 32 teams), 16.3 ppg, 19th ranked passing offense, 16th ranked rushing offense, 21st ranked offense overall (in terms of yards).

Seems he kept getting worse.

More than points scored, we need a coordinator with a track record of making things happen with young and sub-par talent. The Dolphins have a LOT to rebuild on that side of the ball.

Bill Musgrave is very bright. I went to college with him as an undergraduate at the University of Oregon in the late 1980s. We had an English class together during summer school and I got to know him. I initially just thought he was a jock. However, in a meeting I had with the professor during his office hours, the professor and I had a discussion about the fellow students in class. He said Bill was by far the best writer in the class and one of the most talented students he had ever taught. I have an MBA from a top 25 business school and there were some other very bright people in this class, so he wasn't being compared to slouches. He is definitely smart and also very humble. The U of O beat USC and Washington on back to back weekends with him as our quarterback in 1987, which had never happened before. He was a great college quarterback, but didn't have the physical tools to excel in the NFL. I am happy to see he has done so well. He is a really good guy. Go Ducks! Beat Auburn!

all i know is uva football was fun to watch on offense when bill musgrave headed it up...since then its been straight garbage

We need Mcdaniels he will develop qb we should have a talk with Nolan and see if he has a problem with us hiring Mcdaniels as our OC and we should ask Brandon if he would feel comfortable with Mcdaniels here hey he's our best option but anyways knowing how dumb ireland and sparanon are they'll probably get some guy from Dallas to fill in and we'll still suck offensively.

Back
Top Bottom