Bill Parcell and Ireland | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcell and Ireland

The problem with this theory is that if you have been a fan of this team you will know that we have been saying this for years. When will it ever pan out? Ever year it is the same crap. Oh we are rebuilding. Oh we have to let the rookies get experience so they can pan out.

I am getting tired of hearing the same crap...

Well when you switch out coaches every year or two this is what you get. Look at the best and worst teams in the league, you tend to see a direct correlation between consistent winning teams and consistent personell in the FO and on the sidelines. We all want instant results..... or bust. When Parcells went to Dallas it was a similar deal. Pretty good first year then a let down the second year. After that they became consistently good.

They better hope he is......I can't believe these people actually allowed themselves to say that they thought Henne was as good as Matt Ryan.....I really can't.....that automatically proves your incompetent...

I've yet see anything resembling "great" from Jack Long.....not even close...not even in the same area code....unless spending time on your *** now constitutes what a great left tackle is...

You'll understand the logic when you see where teams like the Falcons, Jets, Ravens, Lions, etc....go in the future with their franchise quarterbacks....as opposed to where Miami goes as they constanty bumble **** around with garbage behind center because they're too damn STUPID to know a ****ing quarterback when they see one....

Hell...they've passed up on more good quarterbacks than most teams ever even get a chance to look at....

1. Thats what i said, they'll be hoping Henne works out.

2. I do not believe that Henne is better than Ryan, i don't KNOW for certain that he isn't because Henne is unproven, but i don't believe he is/will be or ever was (in college), but the Phins must have, or at least thought he'd be close to as good because they thought getting a solid LT and Henne was more of a bargain. I'd agree if Henne works out, even if he isn't necessarily as good as Ryan (who's looking great -- but again has lots more help) but at least effective and serviceable and can make plays that wins this team games.

3. How many times has Jake Long "been on his ***"? Once? Twice? Against two of the best DE's in football? Give me a break. He's a second year player, has started every game and has only given up what 4.5 sacks? He's a great run blocker, his pass protection and footwork needs improvement against elite players but he is indeed a great player. Come on.

4. Maybe. We'll see if Henne pans out. I want a franchise QB too. I was in favor of taking Quinn (and Aaron Rogers over Ronnie Brown) and blew my top when we picked Ginn. Not because i thought Ginn was horrible or a bust but the need was a QB. I think we've addressed QB needs with Pennington/Henne but now we need to EVALUATE Henne and find out if he indeed is the real deal. If not, it's going to be a great year to get a QB in the draft.

the biggest thing to me is that the billy doesnt believe in spending high picks on playmakers. its already been said that he wont draft a rb high in the draft. same goes for wr. and sorry to say billy never was good at judging qbs. he thinks he can win with abunch of nobodies at the skill positions. he hasnt done anything special since the giants and he has been living off of that for years. he is a great judge of linman and lbs but that is it. thats the one area where we have improved.

Eric Green - garbage

Ernest Wilford - trash

Gibril Wilson - rubbish

Jason Taylor - washed up kiss of death whereever he goes

Chad Cantstayhealthington - less durable scrub version of Jay Fiedler

Who else?

They resigned Channing Crowder aka turnstyle.

Well when you switch out coaches every year or two this is what you get. Look at the best and worst teams in the league, you tend to see a direct correlation between consistent winning teams and consistent personell in the FO and on the sidelines. We all want instant results..... or bust. When Parcells went to Dallas it was a similar deal. Pretty good first year then a let down the second year. After that they became consistently good.

I understand this completely and was the scope of a few posts in some other threads. No excuse for the last 15 years of the shula regime or even with the wanny era. He just flat ran us into the ground after reaping the benefits of a JJ's draft.

"HUFFER" !!! couldn't have said it better myself!!! Thank You ... many, many fans thought the team was going to win big ... but seem to forget that last season saw a team catch lightning in a bottle and won more than they should have... a very pleasent suprise none the less!!! but all the good that was last years seems to have gotten caught in the LAW OF AVERAGES!!! and this season is going to be on the down side... it's not pretty and down right frustrating sometimes, but at least the talent level is better than what was here when Cameron was coach... and that has been accomplished in just 2 short seasons... the building process continues... just gotta be more patient!!!

Not crazy about the pick myself but WAY to soon to tell what we have and how he will be used.

Or played. If he was active he would be backing up Porter. Again way to soon to know what he is.

Fasano made a few plays last year. Bess made a few plays last year.

Seems like our oline is pretty good. They had a rough start but have come around nicely. The Colts Dline is killing the Cardinals and we owned that Dline. I consider the oline moves a good thing. No sense having a 2 time league mvp qb(Warner) back there if you can't keep him upright let alone a rookie.

What about him? How can he be considered a bad thing? He has yet to play a real game.

Picked up 2 corners and a safety in the draft. Seems like we are trying to upgrade and improve. It may not happen overnight but we are trying to improve our secondary. So far Gibril Wilson has not panned out. I doubt he's here or remains the starter if his play doesn't improve.

Right now our mistakes on the field are making us a not so good team. All the moves the coaches and front office make will not work out. They just need to hit on enough every year to keep adding a few core players to the team. I look forward to the rest of the season and seeing what some of these players have for heart. Sorry but ups and downs are part of rebuilding. Last year was an up..... so far this year has been down.

But to most of the fans, they are now dumb and stupid, because the team is 0-3 ... Dallas took 3 years before becoming a good TEAM ... NE took 3 years before becoming a good team ... and BP himself has said, "he expects to compete in 2010" thats year #3 for Miami ... Rome wasn't built in a day or 1 season... but the fan base is expecting that to be the case!!! that is WAY TO HIGH OF EXPECTATIONS!!! it really stinks watching what is unfolding so far this season... but like in many of BP's past stops... similiar results happened... He is a good evaluator of talent and will right the ship soon, just not in 2009 ... this F/O needs more time!!!

But to most of the fans, they are now dumb and stupid, because the team is 0-3 ... Dallas took 3 years before becoming a good TEAM ... NE took 3 years before becoming a good team ... and BP himself has said, "he expects to compete in 2010" thats year #3 for Miami ... Rome wasn't built in a day or 1 season... but the fan base is expecting that to be the case!!! that is WAY TO HIGH OF EXPECTATIONS!!! it really stinks watching what is unfolding so far this season... but like in many of BP's past stops... similiar results happened... He is a good evaluator of talent and will right the ship soon, just not in 2009 ... this F/O needs more time!!!

We fans are stupid and yet none of those teams won a superbowl.
Actually NE in year three was 6-10. Dallas was 9-7 in year three I mean really are they any worse without Parcells. The Jets were 8-8 in year three.
We did not sign players like Grove and Wilson because we are rebuilding on some 3 year plan. I think every fan has a right to have better aspirations than to be 0-3 and not to have been close to winning two of the three games.

We fans are stupid and yet none of those teams won a superbowl.
Actually NE in year three was 6-10. Dallas was 9-7 in year three I mean really are they any worse without Parcells. The Jets were 8-8 in year three.
We did not sign players like Grove and Wilson because we are rebuilding on some 3 year plan. I think every fan has a right to have better aspirations than to be 0-3 and not to have been close to winning two of the three games.

so do you see this team in the super bowl in year 3?

Okay. You have to start to wonder about these guys and their decisions.
1. Picking White
2.Wake hasn't done anything
3. No play makers in last year or the year before draft.
4.The o-Line
5.Henne?
6.secondary decisions
Thats enough to make a not so good team. And it seems the coach has no control over their discipline either. Instead of going to the movies maybe he should have taught them how to cover a tight end.
I would say at this point, the only thing they have "failed" at is in picking a defensive coordinator and secondary coach!

so do you see this team in the super bowl in year 3?

I hope so but none of his other teams were there in year three.
Keep wasting draft picks on specialty players and Im not sure what will happen.

Belichek got a more useful qb in round 7 then we did in round 2.

Back
Top Bottom