BILL PARCELLS - A Media and Political Genius | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BILL PARCELLS - A Media and Political Genius

PALMA

A very famous spit
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this for the past couple days and had to write some of it out.

Parcells is a genius when it comes to the media. His political savvy is phenomenal, to me that's his lasting legacy.

This is a man that has stayed out of the spotlight for almost THREE years and suddenly is OK with talking to the media about his NFL memoirs. Give me a break. It’s so cunning and smells rotten. Meanwhile the NFL network is slurping jock and his f*ckyoumentoray (to Dolphin fans) while his product scores zero points, tragic irony. If that is not classic Parcells timing, I don’t know what is. It’s truly impeccable.

Parcells is a man that been more concerned with preserving his legacy than actually putting together a championship roster. Every move he’s ever made with the Dolphins has been to create the “illusion” of getting better. Of leaving a team behind more talented than he inherited. With that kind of thinking it’s really easy to draft a Jake Long instead of Matt Ryan because the risk of failure would be far too much for Parcell’s fragile ego. And that was his first big decision, every other move has been the exact same.

Think back to last year’s draft with that stupid slogan they had in their war room, something like, “For the next three days we’ll draft nothing but football players that play well in their football pads.“ If that’s not the definition of playing scared and not lose, I don’t know what is. Draft day is never the time you ever play it safe. You gamble on greatness for your team, so that they can achieve greatness.

Our 11 - 5 season with Pennington basically sealed our fate with Parcells. That's what people will look back to and he's made sure that that will be the focus of his Dolphin's legacy. After that season there was talk of him wanting to leave but his supposed “love” for Sparano and Ireland made him stay. What an arrogant bast@rd. He just wanted to see if his squad could one up their season and he take more credit.

When it was obvious before the start of this season that we were going to regress, he bolted. Once again, impeccable timing. Along with his departure he leaves behind nuggets that he was against drafting Pat White and disappointed with Henne’s development. Yet there is no mention in his failure to draft Matt Ryan. No one will ever ask him because Jake Long is a good player so that must have been the right move. Because the Dolphins are “a tough and discipline” team now that won 11 games three years ago. Parcells must have been right, he’s never wrong.

Last night was really the perfect storm of three years of bad decision making. Parcells is long gone to ever get any blame on that performance, instead Henning is made the scapegoat in the national media. Next year some new regime will take over and somehow Parcells will be given credit for improving our roster. It will fail to be mentioned that he took over a team that had gone 1 - 15 and had the top pick. It’s easy to become mediocre when you have no talent. It’s Parcells' genius that makes it seem mediocre is somehow a formula for championship success.

We need a new direction. Somebody with foresight and willingness to take risks towards greatness. It starts with finding a franchise Qb. Go f*ck yourself Parcells and your bullsh*t.

Folks I give you Fat Tuna! The Bernie Miedoff of the NFL! I would love to see the price tag of his failures in New England, New York, Falls, and Miami. We already know he signed and cut of his own groceries 92,000,000 in Miami!

tinfoilhat-1.jpg

Ironic how people keep referring to his time in NE and NY as failures. They are, but only if success is solely equated with a Super Bowl win. The Pats team he assembled won the AFC, and the Jets made it to the championship game. If both of those efforts are failures, what the hell do you call a division championship followed by an a**kicking in the playoffs? Had he even gotten us to the AFC championship, it would have been our most significant accomplishment in almost 20 years.

I've been thinking about this for the past couple days and had to write some of it out.

Parcells is a genius when it comes to the media. His political savvy is phenomenal, to me that's his lasting legacy.

This is a man that has stayed out of the spotlight for almost THREE years and suddenly is OK with talking to the media about his NFL memoirs. Give me a break. It’s so cunning and smells rotten. Meanwhile the NFL network is slurping jock and his f*ckyoumentoray (to Dolphin fans) while his product scores zero points, tragic irony. If that is not classic Parcells timing, I don’t know what is. It’s truly impeccable.

Parcells is a man that been more concerned with preserving his legacy than actually putting together a championship roster. Every move he’s ever made with the Dolphins has been to create the “illusion” of getting better. Of leaving a team behind more talented than he inherited. With that kind of thinking it’s really easy to draft a Jake Long instead of Matt Ryan because the risk of failure would be far too much for Parcell’s fragile ego. And that was his first big decision, every other move has been the exact same.

Think back to last year’s draft with that stupid slogan they had in their war room, something like, “For the next three days we’ll draft nothing but football players that play well in their football pads.“ If that’s not the definition of playing scared and not lose, I don’t know what is. Draft day is never the time you ever play it safe. You gamble on greatness for your team, so that they can achieve greatness.

Our 11 - 5 season with Pennington basically sealed our fate with Parcells. That's what people will look back to and he's made sure that that will be the focus of his Dolphin's legacy. After that season there was talk of him wanting to leave but his supposed “love” for Sparano and Ireland made him stay. What an arrogant bast@rd. He just wanted to see if his squad could one up their season and he take more credit.

When it was obvious before the start of this season that we were going to regress, he bolted. Once again, impeccable timing. Along with his departure he leaves behind nuggets that he was against drafting Pat White and disappointed with Henne’s development. Yet there is no mention in his failure to draft Matt Ryan. No one will ever ask him because Jake Long is a good player so that must have been the right move. Because the Dolphins are “a tough and discipline” team now that won 11 games three years ago. Parcells must have been right, he’s never wrong.

Last night was really the perfect storm of three years of bad decision making. Parcells is long gone to ever get any blame on that performance, instead Henning is made the scapegoat in the national media. Next year some new regime will take over and somehow Parcells will be given credit for improving our roster. It will fail to be mentioned that he took over a team that had gone 1 - 15 and had the top pick. It’s easy to become mediocre when you have no talent. It’s Parcells' genius that makes it seem mediocre is somehow a formula for championship success.

We need a new direction. Somebody with foresight and willingness to take risks towards greatness. It starts with finding a franchise Qb. Go f*ck yourself Parcells and your bullsh*t.

Very nicely done my friend. You draw a very nice picture of exactly what Parcells is. Now he has NFLN all over his jock for a couple of weeks leading up to this documentary and he will try and parlay that into another heist. He only wants to take over for really bad teams, so that mediocrity can show improvement. Parcells is a troll.

Back
Top Bottom