Bill Parcells and the misconception of "Thugs" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells and the misconception of "Thugs"

I truly beleive that alot of us finfans seem to be confused with Bill Parcells statement when he says he does not want "thuggs" on this Dolphins team. I tend to believe this is a huge misconception about his statement by us finfans.

Every post I see where it includes a player (for example PacMan Jones or Chris Henry) whom is in (off the field) trouble, there seems to be another fan saying "we won't sign him because Parcells does not want thugs". Then you have the fans that don't understand why Ricky is still on the roster when Bill Parcells said he didn't want thuggs on the team.

In my opinion, most of us have misintrepeted that statement. I think Bill Parcells is a coach whom is willing to give any talented player a second chance. Bill Parcells is the kind of coach that is willing to take time with his players and turn their lives around, not only on, but off the football field as well. You've heard of alot of players stating how they gave it their all because they respected the tuna. I beleive Parcells has what it takes to get inside the players minds and turn their attitudes around. I think that is one of the reasons alot of players are willing to give it their all for parcells, because he believes in his players and in giving them a second chance. With that being said, I also believe Parcells will not hesitate to ax a thugg from his team, regardelss of all the talent in the world, simply because he contiues to get in trouble.

I'm glad Bill Parcells is open-minded, He's not quick to judge someone by their past. As finfans, we see a player with a history of, even just one, DUI and we consider him a "thugg". While Parcells seems him as a player until he does something stupid while on the team, then he considers them a thugg.

Anyway, just thought I'd provide my 2 cents for all those close-minded fans who tend to think we will not go after a player because he was in previous trouble. :up:

I think this has more to do with you wanting either Pacman or Henry more then it has to do with BP. On that point Pacman will either be in Dallas or Tennessee or not reinstated by the season opener, thats a given, and Henry will be either suspended for a year (thats a given) and possibly ejected from the league. So if your saying they are not thugs well... it dont matter thugs or not they wont be a Dolphin next year

I truly beleive that alot of us finfans seem to be confused with Bill Parcells statement when he says he does not want "thuggs" on this Dolphins team. I tend to believe this is a huge misconception about his statement by us finfans.

Every post I see where it includes a player (for example PacMan Jones or Chris Henry) whom is in (off the field) trouble, there seems to be another fan saying "we won't sign him because Parcells does not want thugs". Then you have the fans that don't understand why Ricky is still on the roster when Bill Parcells said he didn't want thuggs on the team.

In my opinion, most of us have misintrepeted that statement. I think Bill Parcells is a coach whom is willing to give any talented player a second chance. Bill Parcells is the kind of coach that is willing to take time with his players and turn their lives around, not only on, but off the football field as well. You've heard of alot of players stating how they gave it their all because they respected the tuna. I beleive Parcells has what it takes to get inside the players minds and turn their attitudes around. I think that is one of the reasons alot of players are willing to give it their all for parcells, because he believes in his players and in giving them a second chance. With that being said, I also believe Parcells will not hesitate to ax a thugg from his team, regardelss of all the talent in the world, simply because he contiues to get in trouble.

I'm glad Bill Parcells is open-minded, He's not quick to judge someone by their past. As finfans, we see a player with a history of, even just one, DUI and we consider him a "thugg". While Parcells seems him as a player until he does something stupid while on the team, then he considers them a thugg.

Anyway, just thought I'd provide my 2 cents for all those close-minded fans who tend to think we will not go after a player because he was in previous trouble. :up:

I always have respected your comments in this forum great brother predaphin. At this moment, the real football fans know this matter well. Let me name you a few players. Terry Glenn, Terrel Owens, K Johnson and a few other players who played for him that were known to have conduct issues in colleges. He believed inthese players and set them to become successful.

He has come publicly to believe that that those of strong character are players with a passion to win. He doesn't want superstars, he wants people who go out there to win. I agree with this post if anything.

Back
Top Bottom