Bill Parcells lost his mind.. Dallas trades Antonio Bryant for Quincy Morgan.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells lost his mind.. Dallas trades Antonio Bryant for Quincy Morgan..

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
STRAIGHT UP!

Cowboys | Morgan Acquired from Browns - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 10:00:43 -0700

ESPNews reports the Dallas Cowboys have traded WR Antonio Bryant to the Cleveland Browns in return for WR Quincy Morgan.

Yeah, I heard that this morning.

Morgan is better then Bryant right now, Bryant can be better. Bryant needs to screw his head on right, then the Browns would have made out, if not, Cowboys did better!

Every Browns fans Ive ever talked to says Quincy Brown cant catch...

SkapePhin said:
Every Browns fans Ive ever talked to says Quincy Brown cant catch...
Career Highlights:

Established career-highs in 2002 with 56 receptions, 964 yards and 7 TDs…Had a career-high 9 receptions for 151 yards and 2 TDs vs. Kansas City on Sept. 8, 2002…Grabbed a ‘Hail Mary’ 50-yard TD reception as time expired at Jacksonville on Dec. 8, 2002, in a Browns 21-20 win…Recorded his first career TD reception vs. Detroit on Sept. 23, 2001, with a 36-yard reception.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]RECEIVING STATS [/size][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]Year[/size][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]No.[/size][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]Yards[/size][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]Avg.[/size][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]Long[/size][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]TD[/size][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]2001 [/size][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]30[/size][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]432[/size][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]14.4[/size][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]78[/size][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]2[/size][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]2002 [/size][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]56[/size][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]964[/size][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]17.2[/size][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]78t[/size][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]7[/size][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]2003 [/size][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]38[/size][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]516[/size][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]13.6[/size][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]71t[/size][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]3[/size][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]2004 [/size][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]9[/size][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]144[/size][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]16.0[/size][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]46[/size][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]3[/size][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]Career[/size][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]133[/size][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]2056[/size][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]15.5[/size][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]78t[/size][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]15[/size][/font]

I don't believe Bryant is any better or worse then Morgan. I doubt the tension ever went away with Bill so why not get rid of a past and maybe once again headache in Bryant. Might be a breath of fresh air for Dallas

Bryant's potential far exceeds Quincy Morgans. I think it had a lot more to do with Bryant being a cancer. It seems like every week here in Dallas I hear something about Antonio complaining about his role with the team.

I'm glad to see atleadt some trading... Football needs to take a page from Baseball and baseketball.

Anyway, the browns got ripped off. Bryant has had this amazing potential for some years now, while Quincy Morgan has been the guy in Cleveland for some time.

Cowboys got the better end of the deal.

What a dumb trade by Dallas. Morgan can be a decent #2 receiver, but he's already 27 and terribly inconsistent. You'll see some nice highlights from him, like a TD every now and then. However, in that game, that will probably be his lone catch. Just like Koren Robinson(I don't want you to post his stats, he SUCKS), Morgan is a waste of talent.

Bryant on the other hand is going to be a hell of a receiver. He drops some passes too, but he's got the potential to be a go-to guy. He's certainly a #2 WR at this point, and he makes plays week in, week out. He'll team up good with Dre Davis & Northcutt.

I guess Dallas wanted an occasional big play threat to come in as the #3 WR, cause that's all Morgan is at this point.

X-Con said:
What a dumb trade by Dallas. Morgan can be a decent #2 receiver, but he's already 27 and terribly inconsistent. You'll see some nice highlights from him, like a TD every now and then. However, in that game, that will probably be his lone catch. Just like Koren Robinson(I don't want you to post his stats, he SUCKS), Morgan is a waste of talent.

Bryant on the other hand is going to be a hell of a receiver. He drops some passes too, but he's got the potential to be a go-to guy. He's certainly a #2 WR at this point, and he makes plays week in, week out. He'll team up good with Dre Davis & Northcutt.

I guess Dallas wanted an occasional big play threat to come in as the #3 WR, cause that's all Morgan is at this point.
Bryant is more inconsistent then Morgan! If Bryant gets his head screwed on right as I said, he will be better, but that is a big if!!! :confused:

Bryant has more potential. The only reason why I think Dallas made this trade is because Bryant and Parcells don't get along.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Bryant is more inconsistent then Morgan! If Bryant gets his head screwed on right as I said, he will be better, but that is a big if!!! :confused:

Bryant is inconsistent because of his incident with Parcels?

Please try watching both players before pretending to have an opinion on them.

I think the Browns got the better deal here, Bryant is a great receiver. He blocks and he goes over the middle and he makes a lot of great catches. He also knows where the first down marker is and fights for extra yardage.

Bryant was dead man walking in big D the second he let go of that practice jersey in Parcells face. The only surprise is it took this long to happen. For Dallas it serves two purposes; to shake up a team after a couple losses and get rid of a whining but talented player.

Back
Top Bottom