Bill Parcells reportedly told "people around the game" that he was targeting a tight | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells reportedly told "people around the game" that he was targeting a tight

nasty

Rookie
Reaction score
Anthony Fasano-TE-DolphinsMay. 18 - 1:49 pm et
right_corner_player_news-1.gif
pixel-1.gif
pixel-1.gif
Dolphins president Bill Parcells reportedly told "people around the game" that he was targeting a tight end going into the draft.
Rob Gronkowski was "definitely" on the Dolphins' draft board, but they opted for potential edge rusher Koa Misi in the second round instead. Anthony Fasano, coming off a disappointing season, will return as the starter. He won't be signed long term, though, with the Dolphins on the lookout for an upgrade.
Source: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Koa Misi fills a more immediate need. We can get by with Fasano...though Gronkowski definitely wouldn't have been a bad choice.

my impression is that a TE who could not block(if we drafted one) would be a David Martin replacement and not a Fasano replacement

Fasano is not a perfect pass blocker but you won't find a rookie that we could immediately trust with protecting Henne

we not trade for Olsen?, he is the same player as Gronkowski only better

I just can't believe that we would draft a "skilled" TE, especially after trading for the Beast

the Beast is the guy that DB's can't handle and LB's can't catch

we not trade for Olsen?, he is the same player as Gronkowski only better

I just can't believe that we would draft a "skilled" TE, especially after trading for the Beast

the Beast is the guy that DB's can't handle and LB's can't catch
Because Olsen can't block and he plays soft IMO. Gronkowski is a much more physical player and better blocker than Olsen.

Next years TE class is not as deep as this years. It's going to be slim pickins plus we may have to address the RB position as well. I get the sense this FO is going to let Ronnie and Fasano walk and recoup the compensatory picks.

Makes you wonder if Parcells was running the entire draft we may have chosen a linebacker in the first round like Huges and a TE like Rob Gronkowski in the second round. I think this goes to prove that Parcell may influence the draft he certainly does not run it entirely.

I don't doubt this, but then again Bill Parcells says a lot of things before the draft that aren't true

Makes you wonder if Parcells was running the entire draft we may have chosen a linebacker in the first round like Huges and a TE like Rob Gronkowski in the second round. I think this goes to prove that Parcell may influence the draft he certainly does not run it entirely.

This doesn't prove anything. Who said Odrick/Misi wasn't Parcells idea?

Just cause he said he was looking for a tight end doesn't mean anything.

Vernon Davis is a free agent next season. Any chance we make a run at him? Him and Vontae on the same team....you never know!

Uh... Parcells is running the show. The entire show.

Vernon Davis is a free agent next season. Any chance we make a run at him? Him and Vontae on the same team....you never know!

pretty sure Spiff is right, i saw something about him and the Niners working on an extension...

This doesn't prove anything. Who said Odrick/Misi wasn't Parcells idea?

Just cause he said he was looking for a tight end doesn't mean anything.

1.This doesn't prove anything A Prove what?
2.Who said Odrick/Misi wasn't Parcells idea? A. Did I say that? I did say "wonder" You are reading to much beween the lines?
3.Just cause he said he was looking for a tight end doesn't mean anything. Hum Interesting then I guess anything Bill Parcells says means nothing? You would get some arguments there from other fans I am sure. PS Looking into Bill Parcell past drafts the 2 positions he has drafted the most players with his highest picks are linebackers and tight ends. I will say all these picks fit the size requirements.

Back
Top Bottom