Bill Parcells - Say What You Will | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells - Say What You Will

I don't think it was Parcells being scared off by who he thought Ross was, I think he looked at the team's roster, Henne's development as a QB, Sparano's development as a HC, and as a betting man... bet against us and got the hell out of Dodge before the roof caved it. (Which, incidentally, it did.)

Yes, he's a coward, and yes, most of this is his fault. But guys like Ireland, Sparano, & Henning were his friends. When they struggle, and you are the great and powerful Bill Parcells aka Miami Dolphins Football Czar, you help them. If you run like a scared rabbit, well, you are what you are.

I don't think it was Parcells being scared off by who he thought Ross was, I think he looked at the team's roster, Henne's development as a QB, Sparano's development as a HC, and as a betting man... bet against us and got the hell out of Dodge before the roof caved it. (Which, incidentally, it did.)

Yes, he's a coward, and yes, most of this is his fault. But guys like Ireland, Sparano, & Henning were his friends. When they struggle, and you are the great and powerful Bill Parcells aka Miami Dolphins Football Czar, you help them. If you run like a scared rabbit, well, you are what you are.

Exactly my thoughts, the scary thing is he has done this so many times and yet some team will be dumb enough to hire him again... we were.

We have one of the worst owners in football as was displayed by his douche-bag handeling of the HC situation. Parcells knew exactly who he was dealing with and left town quickly. Would you want towork for someone like Ross?

We have one of the worst owners in football as was displayed by his douche-bag handeling of the HC situation. Parcells knew exactly who he was dealing with and left town quickly. Would you want towork for someone like Ross?

And if he didn't go after Harbaugh there would have been even more ppl saying he is a bad owner. You can't make everyone happy.

The best I can say about Parcells is that when it comes to "The Real Deal" he's an authentic sockcucker

Remember, he's the guy who supposedly knew Tony best professionally and still chose him to jump up 2 levels.

I can't believe that there are still Dolphins fans that believe drafting Jake Long over Matt Ryan was the correct decision. Are there still Dolphins fans lurking about that believe Culpepper over Brees was the right move, too?

Say what you will about Bill, hate him or love him, this whole fiasco and circus otherwise known as the Miami Dolphins would not have transpired the same way if he was still director of operations of the Miami franchise.

The way this coaching search was conducted or misconducted wreaks of someone (Ross) who knows nothing about a pro football franchise. BP would have handled this situation behind closed doors and it would have been handled much differently, professionally and not like a circus monkey looking for a banana handout.

This fan always has and always will subscribe to the philosophy that you stand up look a man in the eye and conduct business face to face in a no bull**** manor, much like Bill does. This smoke and mirrors bull**** is for the birds and it is no wonder why no respectful coach would want to work for Ross and his entourage of *** clowns.

Steven Ross right now you are the weakest link. :hclap:

I can't say Bill would have prevented this. Further, it does not even have anything to do with football smarts. It is simple business smarts and I am shocked the Ross acted this way. How did he ever get rich? I can't help but wonder if there is more at hand or things we don't know, because I can't imagine he is this stupid, but perhaps he is.

I can't say Bill would have prevented this. Further, it does not even have anything to do with football smarts. It is simple business smarts and I am shocked the Ross acted this way. How did he ever get rich? I can't help but wonder if there is more at hand or things we don't know, because I can't imagine he is this stupid, but perhaps he is.

This is exactly my point. I am not defending Bill what I am defending is the way he handled situations like this one. This whole thing was a ****ing nightmare from the get go, Ross actually looks like a complete jackass on this. Bill would have keep this all behind closed doors and handled it entirely different.

This fiasco serves no purpose other then to serve as an example of how not to conduct business.

I use to be a a fan of Parcell's, no so much any more. If he left due to the state of things or coming state of things, seems to me he is not the team builder he professes to be.
He said he was going to build this team by laying a good foundation, looks like they didn't mix the concrete correctly.

I can't believe that there are still Dolphins fans that believe drafting Jake Long over Matt Ryan was the correct decision. Are there still Dolphins fans lurking about that believe Culpepper over Brees was the right move, too?

Yes it was the correct decision. He was clearly the best player on the board and it has played out as such. Matt Ryan was an average college QB until his 5th year at BC. He has turned out to be a very good QB but Long is the top of the heap and a franchise LT who made the Pro Bowl with one knee and one shoulder. Sorry but you are wrong. Also, we signed a veteran QB who led us to the playoffs.

Jake Long is a Hall of Fame-caliber left tackle. Matt Ryan is a very good, not great, quarterback. The two hardest positions to fill on a football team are quarterback and left tackle. Long is a much better tackle then Ryan is quarterback. Put Ryan on the Miami Dolphins and he's a much weaker quarterback then he is with Michael Turner, Roddy White and Tony Gonzalez lining up with him. The fact is that Ryan has a QB rating .2 better than David Garrard's for crying out loud with a better supporting cast. Why is Ryan puffed up to something he's not?

Back
Top Bottom