Bill Parcells’ track record suggests Year 3 could be mediocre | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells’ track record suggests Year 3 could be mediocre

It just amazes me how much credit BP gets and how Sparano gets no credit. The track record that BP has picking players isn't good, he's not a coach anymore and Sparano is building his legacy down there. Whether Miami is good or not has nothing to do w/ whether BP as a HC was good in year 3 in previous stops.
Knowing the dolphins have gone back to their roots to blow 2nd and 3rd round picks just doesn't make this regime any different. This regime is willing to gamble more than the past regimes. We haven't had the best talent in the world drafted in the past 3 drafts so I don't know what to say.

Neither of them have made that much of an impact yet or an impact I would like to see. The Parcells worshippers will keep making excuses for him but the man hasn't won a super bowl in ages.

Bill Parcells hand picked most of this coaching staff..

and helps pick the players..

Other than that he has nothing to do with the team...

Belicheck was smart for not staying in NY at the time.

W/ Parcells there absolutely. He would have had the same chances to win big thougb if he had the same guys in place he took to NE w/ BP meddling. of course that was on whether he still would have gottne lucky w/ drafting Brady.

if this team doesn't make the playoffs i'm gonna be pissed...nothing less than 10-6 is satisfactory for me...brandon marshall and karlos dansby alone are worth a 2 game bump record wise from last year imo and if the young kids who played significant roles last year improve like they should there's NO REASON this team shouldn't finish 10-6...add in better overall team depth and a new dc who's a difference maker and it's 10-6 or bust...

if this team doesn't make the playoffs i'm gonna be pissed...nothing less than 10-6 is satisfactory for me...brandon marshall and karlos dansby alone are worth a 2 game bump record wise from last year imo and if the young kids who played significant roles last year improve like they should there's NO REASON this team shouldn't finish 10-6...add in better overall team depth and a new dc who's a difference maker and it's 10-6 or bust...
While I tend to want to agree with you the start of this year is going to working against that from happening. Why because that schedule is starting tough and ending easy. In reality thats not how you want your schedule to go. You want it start easy and end strong. Why because it gives the team the ability make adjustments early in the year without loosing those games in the process.
This is still not a veteran team regardless of the pickups. Next year it will be. Henne still does not have an entire years of experince and the defense is kind of in disaray. The FS and OLB positions are going to be real dicy those first few games. Then you have Starks starting at NT for the first time, a new verteran ILB or LBs, and the CB's only in their 2nd season. Only Bell, Merling, Crowder, Lankford and Will Allen are the only returning 2 year starters. Plus you have a new defense being installed.
Offense is a lot better shape but that QB position is pretty important and Henne threw a few INT's at the end of last year though I expect with healthy running game at the start of the year that should take some of the pressure off.

Knowing the dolphins have gone back to their roots to blow 2nd and 3rd round picks just doesn't make this regime any different. This regime is willing to gamble more than the past regimes. We haven't had the best talent in the world drafted in the past 3 drafts so I don't know what to say.

Neither of them have made that much of an impact yet or an impact I would like to see. The Parcells worshippers will keep making excuses for him but the man hasn't won a super bowl in ages.

You could of said the same thing about Shula in the 90's. The fact of the matter is, Shula won Super Bowls and so did Parcells. The game might of change some since they both won their titles, but you can't take that away from either one of them.

The only Super Bowl winning coach that I don't have respect for is .... Barry Switzer. He won that Super Bowl with Jimmy Johnson team. I actually have more respect for some coaches that lost a Super Bowl, then hime. What a joke.

The only Super Bowl winning coach that I don't have respect for is .... Barry Switzer. He won that Super Bowl with Jimmy Johnson team. I actually have more respect for some coaches that lost a Super Bowl, then hime. What a joke.

That's lousy handicapping. Cowboy fans and football fans in general don't give Barry Switzer nearly enough credit for that title. It was a horrendous situational spot, one that historically results in a disappointing season. Only 3 teams in NFL history have ever managed a title in that situation, one year after being dethroned. George Halas did it for the Bears during the '40s, and Belichick did it with the Patriots in 2003. Otherwise the only example is Barry Switzer with the Cowboys in 1995. It never happened in the AFL. The overall record is shockingly abysmal.

I can't tell you how many bets I've won against teams in that situation, dating to friendly bets as a teenager. I scanned the record books in high school and that trend was glaring. It was always comical that writers and broadcasters, and fans in general, loved to retreat a year and pick that team to win it all, as opposed to the defending champion. But they had no clue they were taking the one team that was destined to be overstated. :lol:

Big kudos to Switzer for overcoming it.

Back
Top Bottom