Bill Polian's review of Dolphins QBs after watching today | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Polian's review of Dolphins QBs after watching today

NYPhin24

Scout Team
Reaction score
Via Dave Hyde's twitter

Bill Polian-

"I was impressed with David Garrard's arm strength, his movement and his command coming off back surgery. God knows, you always worry about arm strength after that."

"Matt Moore was what you would expect. He's a solid pro."

"And Ryan Tannehill looks very much like he belongs. Very much at ease. Delivers the ball very well. Some draft gurus thought there was an arm-strength issue there. There isn't."

Nice compliment from Polian. I hope Tannehill continues to develop. I am cautiously optimistic. :woot:

first i heard of an arm issue during evaluations with tannehill...

ye first time for me too.............

first i heard of an arm issue during evaluations with tannehill...

I read a couple of pre-draft reports that said his arm strength was average or unimpressive, which I thought was strange since most of the other reports said he had a live arm and could make tight throws even on the outside.

Good to read....pre-season cannot come fast enough.

Not sure about that Tannehill arm strength bit. He had one of the higher sample sizes throwing outside the numbers of any quarterback in the draft.

I read a couple of pre-draft reports that said his arm strength was average or unimpressive, which I thought was strange since most of the other reports said he had a live arm and could make tight throws even on the outside.

I had seen those as well.

I don't think Tannehill's concerns were ever physical - save for some minor fundamental issues. Wish I could be more excited about Polian's comments.

if you can throw the 18 yard comeback from the opposite hash you got plenty of damn arm...

Per Pro Football Weekly's predraft evaluation of Tannehill... The knock against him was decision making and relative lack of quality starts as a QB.

Positives:Very good size, arm strength and athletic ability to move around the pocket. Can thread the deep out and make stick throws when his feet are set. Can snap it quickly from a multitude of arm angles and hasten his delivery when needed. Can create some plays outside the pocket. Physically tough — can take a hit. Good caretaker — protects the ball and gets rid of it under duress (was sacked nine times as a senior). Intensely competitive. Well-spoken. Serious, business-like demeanor. Highly focused and determined.

if you can throw the 18 yard comeback from the opposite hash you got plenty of damn arm...

I take notice of the 20 yard "out" to the wide side of the field. You know, the one MARINO could throw in his sleep, and FIEDLER regularly turned into an adventure. MOORE and GARRARD also have no problem w/it. TANNEHILL has no problem at all w/it.

I'm also glad to see all 3 QBs having success w/the true deep passes. That bodes well for us. It's what made GB's WCO contemporary, rather than more "traditional". It adds an impossible problem for the DBs, when you have a WCO that can hit fast WRs in stride at 35 Yards+.

Garrard can be a perfect fit for this team, this year IF healthy. He is a proven vet, athletic, plays well under pressure, and makes few mistakes. Moore is not a proven vet, in spite of last year, is not athletic, does not play well under pressure, and does not make quick decisions, which is imperative in a WCO.

My jury is still out on RT this season.

"And Ryan Tannehill looks very much like he belongs. Very much at ease. Delivers the ball very well. Some draft gurus thought there was an arm-strength issue there. There isn't."
I'm laughing my ass off. And YOU know who you are.

Back
Top Bottom