Bill Sheridan to take over both Linebacker units | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Sheridan to take over both Linebacker units

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
SHERIDAN TAKES OWNERSHIP OF LINEBACKERS: Last year, George Edwards and Jim Reid shared the linebackers coaching duties, with Edwards working with the inside guys and Reid on the outside. Both of them landed new coaching jobs elsewhere, and now Bill Sheridan will take over the entire group by himself, leaving one less coach on the field than the Dolphins had in 2009.

"This guy comes with a lot of experience coaching linebackers, he's coached a lot of linebackers," Sparano said. "I coached against him in the NFC East for a long time, and he was a coordinator. We're happy about having him in the LB room."

David Corrao, the quality control coach who worked with the secondary last year, will assist Sheridan, who spent the previous our years as defensive coordinator with the New York Giants, and Nolan also will work with the linebackers, but Sheridan will "be the one voice in the LB room."

http://pwr.com/1Z4

Great move. I have been hoping for this since we first got Sheridan.

i like the thought of our inside and outside guys listening to ONE voice as opposed to two. i feel it could make them more cohesive as an over all unit, thus leading to better communication on and off the field.

I know we're in an era of specialization, but an ILB and an OLB coach sounds a little silly to me. I'd think a LB Coach and an asst LB Coach would suffice.

I always thought this is how it should be. I never understood why people thought it was better to have one person teach inside and another teaching outside.

Back
Top Bottom